Chapter Eighteenth

Let It Burn-Chapter Eighteen

PJ dropped Dan and Phil off at home "bye criminals" PJ giggled closing the door to the apartment behind him. "Dan?" Phil cried out "yes Phil?" Dan asked, stopping in the hallway. "Thank you for being my sort of light in my life" Dan dropped his clothes in the hallway and ran to throw his arms around Phil. "I love you." Dan nuzzled his head on Phil's shoulder making Phil breathe out a sigh of relief "I love you too." Dan still seemed worried "what is it Dan?" Phil asked, holding Dan's hand. "The nightmares what if they don't disappear Phil. I want to be brave." Phil rubbed Dan's hair softly "you don't have to be brave now Dan. We have each other if we're scared." Dan nodded "thank you Phil." Phil patted Dan on the head "guide me to my room?" Phil giggled and Dan locked his arm through Phil's. The two quietly made their way down the hall. Dan shook as he led Phil down the hall. "I'm here now." Phil spoke quietly. Dan nodded "thank you" 

Dan walked Phil into his room. "Bed" Dan warned, letting go of Phil. Phil laid down "I can sense your fear. Would you like to sleep in here with me?" Dan nodded "oh thank god" Phil felt the bed shift under Dan's weight. "Night Phil" Dan pressed a quick kiss to Phil's lips, turning over. "Cuddle me?" Phil giggled and Dan nodded, turning his body towards Phil's. Their legs and arms tangled together. Dan rested his head on Phil's beating chest. Dan let a tear slip down his face as Phil fell into a silent sleep. Dan listened closely to Phil's thumping heartbeat melting into an okay feeling.