Chapter Thirteen

Let It Burn-Chapter Thirteen

Dan sighed "what do you mean you don't have a Philip Lester here? Seriously where could he be?" Dan started to pace in the police station. "Sir, he stole a very valuable thing. He is in a prison most likely." She checked backgrounds on Phil's now scuffed track record. "It says here that he was taken to a jail not far from here. His bail is ten thousand dollars though." Her eyes widened as she read on. "He could be stuck there for the foreseeable future. Like five years." Dan stopped pacing "what did he do that was so bad?" Dan shook his head as he rubbed his eyes. "He happened to steal uh, looks here to be a," the receptionist squinted "a ring" Dan gawked "no way are you sure?" Dan began to shake nervously. The receptionist nodded "it's for sure a ring" she looked up at Dan. "He must be very outgoing to do something like that." Dan raised an eyebrow "are you saying that he stole an- an engagement ring?" Dan's eyes clouded over. The shorter girl nodded "yes exactly that from the looks of it" Dan nodded his head was pounding "h-how much was it by chance you're able to tell me?" 

The girl looked up at Dan "at least around 500" Dan nodded "do you have a bathroom I could borrow?" The blonde nodded "yes right this way" she led Dan to the back where the restrooms were. "Thank you" he spoke quickly before she nodded and walked away. Dan ran into the bathroom. He felt hot again. His head spun and ears rang. He texted Sophie quickly.

Dan: about to pass out in police department bathroom

Sophie: dan what is wrong

Dan: Phil

Sophie: Phil?

Dan: stole a ring

Sophie: oh

Dan: Sophie i-i think it was an engagement ring

Sophie: Dan breathe ok 

Dan: the room is spinning

Sophie: i'm coming in

Sophie turned to PJ "we need to take Dan to a hospital" PJ unbuckled his seatbelt and opened his door. "Where is he?" Sophie pointed to the police station. "He's having a panic attack in the bathroom" PJ jumped out of the car. "We have to go before he loses it" they ran into the station together "bathroom?" PJ requested "straight back" replied the blonde girl. "Thank you" Sophie spoke fast as the two ran to the bathroom. 

PJ twisted the knob but it was locked. "Sophie the door it's locked." Sophie grabbed PJ pulling him back. "I got this" she whispered "Dan" she called lightly hearing his cries "Sophie" Sophie frowned "I'm here Dan. It's okay maybe he had his reasons." Dan sniffled "that's no reason to steal a ring! I don't care if he's blind. He stole a ring. He was-" Dan fell into hiccups. "Hey it's alright, can I come in?" Sophie asked softly. Dan unlocked the door allowing them in. He sat down on the ground. Sophie sat next to him on his left while PJ sat to the right of him. "I haven't seen him in a year and now I find out he's been in prison for theft of a-" Dan began to cry violently. "We'll get him out soon" PJ promised Dan sniffled "he's never stolen anything so why now?" Dan curled into himself his arms pale and eyes honey with a tint of red from his ocean of tears.