Chapter Twenty

Let It Burn- Chapter Twenty

"Dan" Phil moved his hand over Dan's bonyer one. "Yeah Phil?" Dan wiped at his face "can you make me a promise?" Phil asked gently "yeah I guess, what is it?" Phil cleared his throat dramatically. "If there's ever a day where you feel down just remember you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." Dan sniffled and let a moment pass as he processed it. "Phil you spoon, you quoted winnie the pooh." Phil nodded his face serious "and I'll do it every time you're sad because you're special and worth it Dan." Phil kissed Dan's temple "now come on, we can go watch anime." Phil pulled Dan up but Dan remained sitting. "Wait- Phil?" Dan looked up at his boyfriend "you can see?" Dan stood quickly grasping at a light. He turned it on and glanced at Phil. "What color is my shirt?" Dan asked standing in front of the older boy. "It's red. It's my old hoodie" Phil giggled "y-you're right. Phil, when did you?" Dan fell into a heap of emotions. Phil sighed "you might need to sit down for this" Dan quirked an eyebrow but sat at Phil's request. "You remember the day you thought I was truly gone?" Dan nodded as Phil continued "I never wanted to lie to you Dan. When I was in prison I got it back, I was never truly blind. It was just blackouts I would experience." Dan stood up again and ripped off the jacket he was wearing and threw it at Phil. "You lying b-" Phil stood "it sounds really bad I know but you wouldn't have known Dan. Only I would have known." Phil spoke calmly as Dan raged on. "You never mentioned blackouts Phil! Those are seriously dangerous." Dan scolded Phil and Phil let out a small laugh "you only just recently told me about your delusions" Dan shook his head "I could have told you if you stayed with me. But you ran for the hills Phil. You left me with my inner thoughts that festered in my head every waking and sleeping moment. You were the only thing ever on my mind so of course after you ran I began hallucinating you!" Phil pulled at Dan's black shirt, both boys falling on the bed. Phil hovered over Dan leaving a kiss on his lips. Dan pulled Phil down onto him and rolled him so he was laid down on the bed. "I hate you Phil Lester. I hate everything about you." Dan pressed a rough kiss on Phil's bubblegum lips. "I think you mean love" Phil wiggled his eyebrows devilishly. "Just stop talking" Dan pressed another kiss onto Phil's lips. Phil kissed back gently as Dan continued on. "Why do we fight like this. I'm really sorry Phil" Dan let raindrops fall down his face. "I'm sorry too Dan" Dan rolled off of Phil and laid next to him. "Truce" Phil asked, holding out a hand "truce" Dan agreed.