Chapter Two

Let It Burn-Chapter Two

Dan left the brick wall, his head screaming for him to act out darkly. Dan let out a shaky breath as he ran to his house, his head felt like it was going to explode. Once he got inside he slammed the door as the darkness ate him up inside. "Your fears make this so much easier." The voice taunted Dan crumpled to the floor as his legs gave out and his body became paralyzed under the voices control. "S-stop!" Dan tried to scream but his voice came out as nothing but a whisper. He tried letting out a blood curdling scream but his lungs became ablazed and felt raw. Dan held his head in his hands "w-why are you doing this?" He could barely speak his voice dancing on sharp nails. The darkness ignored his question "that boy wouldn't care for you" it spoke in spite. "H-how would you know?" Dan hissed as the voice weighed him down like a bag of rocks. "I am your deepest fears" the voice shouted yet it was vague. "I'm not afraid of you!" Dan shouted he rose to his feet and made his way to the bathroom. He felt like his skin was melting off. He was so hot that every time he took a small step he began to steam. He quickened his pace, hightailing it to the bathroom. The titles cool on his bare feet. He bit his bottom lip as the cold took over. His feet stuck in place like they were glued down. "Look up in the mirror" the darkness murmured. Dan shook his head "I won't" he tried to move forward but was still stuck in place. "Look," the voice barked, making Dan hold back a cry. "No" Dan argued, making the voice volcanic as it erupted angrily at him. Dan felt like he lost control as his golden eyes met with the shiny mirror. His face didn't match how he felt. Instead of his normal sunken sad face the mirror painted a crazy grin. "That's not me" Dan spoke, trying to shake his head only to be stuck staring at the flickering reflection. "Sure it is" Dan shook his head as if it were in slow motion. "No it isn't" he couldn't believe the voice or it would win over him. "Hm well played maybe tomorrow Daniel" and with that the festering voice faded away waiting to strike for the next day.