Chapter Twenty-Six

Let It Burn-Chapter Twenty-Six

Phil ran after Dan, hot on his heels as he tried to calm Dan down. "Dan, please stop!" Phil pushed past the doctors that were moving too slow through the hallway. "I'm sorry for this" Phil mumbled before tackling Dan to the shiny floor. He landed on Dan's back. Dan had his face squished against the floor. "Phil!" He screamed and thrashed under Phil's weight. "Dan I'm doing this to try to-" Dan spat "trying to help me. You told me that on the roof Phil!" Dan wreathed under the other boy. "Please Dan. I want to talk to you!" Dan squirmed "so you can send me away right? Ship me away like I'm your baggage admit it Phil, you want me gone." Dan kicked his legs trying to kick Phil off of him. "No, Dan not at all. You aren't an item, I miss seeing that smile on your face. Don't you want to smile?" Phil's voice cracked "now you're crying over me" Dan rolled his eyes. 

Phil got off of Dan and pulled him up "what?" Dan spat as Phil looked at him. "Nothing" Phil looked down at the ground. "Whatever, just drive me wherever you're taking me Phil." Dan shook his head offering up his arms. "Dan what-" The brown eyed boy rolled his eyes "drag me away Phil." Phil lifted an eyebrow "no I won't" Phil shook his head "you're already shattering my trust so do it all over again Phil. Come on I can take it." Dan tilted his wild dark bloodshot eyes and he looked anything but sane. 

Phil nodded "let's go then" Dan walked behind Phil swaying back and forth as he walked. "Am I being sent away Phil?" Dan asked a flicker of insanity in his eyes. "Do you want the honest answer or sugar coated?" Phil asked, brushing his fringe from his face as he walked out the door. "You're already sugar coating the truth so why not give it to me straight Phil" Dan hissed under the hot sun. 

"What do you want to hear Dan? I'm sending you away, yes, you won't cooperate and you can't stop acting out Dan. I didn't want to resort to this, I didn't want you to lose the sanity you once had. But it'll be better staying away from me for the time." Phil wiped furiously at his face. "Come on let's get going" Phil called Sophie and she came rushing to the hospital. The boys got in her car silently not uttering a word to each other as Sophie drove them to a therapist.

She sighed when she stopped in the parking lot. "Dan, I'm really sorry and I wish you the best." Sophie frowned not knowing what else to say. Dan shook his head and left the car at a quick pace "bye Sophie." He restrained himself from looking at Phil as he walked into the building his nerves in tangles as he met with a therapist.