Chapter Eight

Let It Burn-Chapter Eight

Dan sat up in his bed, his mind foggy and eyes red. He smiled at his wall; he felt delirious as he searched the darkness. He sighed overjoyed when he heard Phil's voice fill his foggy head. "Morning Dan!" The voice cheered Dan smiled "Morning Phil!" A grin was plastered on Dan's pained face. "When are you coming home?" Dan asked but the silence drowned him. "Uh Dan you should know… I can't come back" Dan giggled "what do you mean silly!" His eyes were red and crazy. "Dan, you're… well you're imagining me." The words that were spoken were thick and poisonous as Dan began to fall into denial. "No way, you're real. I just saw you last night" Dan began to cry. "You have to be real! I'm not crazy I swear!" Dan curled into himself as his hair hung lowly in his eyes. 

The voice that belonged to Phil sat radio silent as Dan began to throw things in a pent up rage fit. "We were together for years Phil! You should remember that!" Dan pulled out his phone and called PJ but crumbled to the floor as he began to convulse. His body vibrated as he tried to scream out. PJ called out his name but heard no voice in return. He grabbed his belongings and called an ambulance addressed to Dan's apartment. He ran as fast as his legs could take him not stopping as his heart rose in his throat. He ran approximately two blocks to Dan's apartment. The ambulance beat him to it as he rushed into Dan's apartment. "Sir! Step back!" EMT's flooded the apartment to stop Dan from seizing. One of them pushed PJ out of the apartment. "Go get something to drink. Or just don't come in." The EMT slammed the front door in PJ's face. 

"Clear his surroundings" à brunette EMT shouted. "You over there, grab him a pillow." The brunette ripped it from the male colleague's arms. She placed the pillow on the floor and rolled Dan to his side. "Everyone back up!" She growled as Dan continued to seize. The brunette tracked the time of his seizure. Soon Dan regained his control. His amber eyes opened to a room full of five emergency medical technicians. "W-why are you here?" Dan huddled into himself just in time to see PJ through the small window of the door. "You-" Dan steadied himself to his feet. "Are you trying to send me away?" Dan let out an animalistic growl. PJ shook his head "not at all Dan. You had a seizure, I called them to save you. Dan I'm not your enemy. I won't force you to do anything you don't want." PJ spoke calmly watching Dan loosen up. "Thank you." Dan nodded at PJ then the technicians. 

PJ made his way inside Dan's apartment bidding the technicians a farewell. He sat down next to Dan as they sat in silence. PJ hugged Dan as the younger boy broke down crying into PJ's chest. PJ held Dan as the boy cried himself to sleep.