Chapter Thirty-One

Let It Burn- Chapter Thirty-One

(....---.-- .-..----.--. -..--- .. …..-...-. ----- …-.--.-- ……-.." 

*how long do I have to stay here* 

Dan frowned beneath the mask he wanted to leave. He saw Phil frown and write something down. "72 hours" he wrote Dan narrowed his eyes "are you implying they think I was harming myself so now I'm stuck here three days under watch?" Dan wrote, his eyes burned back tears. Phil mirrored Dan's actions nodding slowly. Dan shook his head, throwing the board across the room as he let out a silent scream. His vision clouded under the lava tears that pooled his eyes. "I- never harmed myself" he spoke hoarse as his voice cracked with each word. Phil nodded "I believe you Dan. But you have to be on watch still I guess. They thought something happened to you and wanted to keep you here longer." Dan shook his head "I'm fine" he spoke biting back his anger. Phil nodded stepping back as Sophie and PJ ran up to Dan's hospital bed. "We heard the news!" PJ exclaimed "are you okay?" Sophie asked softly as Dan shook his head letting out body wracking sobs. "I have- to stay" Dan let out a breath of the supplied air from the mask on his face "72 hours" he closed his eyes shielding away his tears. 

"Oh" Sophie nodded in understanding. "It'll be over quick?" She tried to offer making Dan grow even angrier. "I don't belong here!" Dan shouted under the mask breathing in the air from it. Sophie looked to PJ expectedly. "Once you leave here we can go do something of your choice" he held out his right pinky. Dan raised an eyebrow but gave in and they sealed a pinky promise.