Chapter Twenty-Seven

Let It Burn -Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Dan, come on in!" A pale therapist led Dan towards the back. "So Dan-" Dan rolled his eyes "Daniel" he corrected chewing on his lip. "Daniel, what brings you here?" Dan laughed "you only care about my problems for the money" Dan ignored the question that was asked. "Not true." Arden spoke pushing her hair back "I'll listen to you. I promise and if you like me we can even be friends." Dan rolled his darker eyes "no" he finalized "okay, tell me a word that comes to mind?" Dan nodded "friend?" Dan couldn't stop the words from pouring out. "Betrayal" Arden nodded making a mental note. "Thoughts" 

"Dark" Dan confessed, his hands trembling. "Fear" Arden spoke "Loneliness" Dan frowned "I don't like this" he mumbled "a few more, okay Daniel?" Dan shrugged "I guess" Arden led him to an open room. "Death" Dan froze "darkness" Arden nodded "want to take a seat?" She asked, handing him a stress ball. Dan sat on the soft white couch as he looked at the therapist. "Voices" Dan bit his lip "danger" Dan spoke lowly. "Okay, now. If you'd like, you can ramble on. I'm here to listen. Nothing leaves this room." Arden held out her pinky "I promise" Dan glanced at it thinking for a moment "don't do it. She's trying to break you." Spoke a harsh whisper. Dan tilted his head trying to shake away what he heard. Arden sat patiently as she busied herself with other stuff letting Dan get out of his tidal wave of thoughts. "I don't want to be here" Dan cried after five minutes of silence. "Want to take a walk around and come back?" Suggested the pale girl, Dan nodded "thank you" he mumbled leaving the buzzing silent room. His ears rang as he wandered looking for a bathroom. His eyes lit on fire as his head throbbed with every thought that stuffed in his head. 

The bathroom door appeared to be unlocked so Dan gritted his teeth and shoved his way into the bathroom. He felt like he was drowning with every breath he took. His body seared off anything it could attack as Dan moved at a turtle's pace to the mirror. He refused to look up as a sharp pain stabbed him. His eyes hurt worse as he gripped onto the porcelain sink. He let out low whimpers trying to gain control over the upcoming darkness. "S-stay" he warned as he inhaled the thick stench of the air. He breathed out his chest tightening with every exhale. He cried trying to stand his ground. "Daniel, don't you want to see your reflection" taunted that recurring voice making Dan cringe. "I won't" he growled his throat began to fill with hot acid as he continued to refuse to look at the reflection. "Look!" Shouted the voice Dan felt sick as he shook his head, his throat scraping with every new breath. His stomach in knots as it growled helplessly. Abandoning his position at the sink he leaned against the snow white porcelain on the ground. His strangled breaths became violent coughs as he held back his fringe releasing whatever was left in him in the toilet cubicle. He pulled back as every part of him dripped with sweat. He steadied himself as he flushed the toilet standing carefully as his head spun. He dropped to the floor with a sickening thud. "Must keep going" he used what upper body strength he had to drag himself to the sink. The titles cool under his pale sticky skin. Dan let his eyes close for a minute taking in the wonderful feeling before falling into an exhausted slumber. His head collided with the thin cool panels of tile as he remained still in the bathroom.