Act XIII, Scene 2

JeongGuk remembered as if it was just a day ago. He remembered how he had lost one of the most precious people in his life, someone he looked up to.

JungHyun, his older brother was almost perfect child and as he was growing up he was more and more awesome in Guk's eyes. Amazing grades, impeccable image, exemplary behavior at school as well as at home. No one ever thought that this would ever change. He had very good moral compass so he avoided a bad company and making wrong decisions that would harm him. Until he didn't.

Everything started innocently. New school, new stage in life. High school. A time when most of teenagers dream and make plans how they will make their social life more exiting, already feeling grown up. The older one of Jeon siblings would lie if he would said he didn't do the same, although he didn't broke any rules his or made by someone. He wanted everything to be nice and appropriate. But not every time we got what we want.

One day JungHyun began to talk about his new friend - Kim SeokJung. At first everything he was saying was all good, a nice person from a good house, friendly. And that's how he presented the boy to his family until the very end. He was defending him from any bad word, going deeper and deeper into their relationship that appeared extremely toxic as the time had passed.

Going out more often, failing at school, bad company. Everything JungHyun avoided became a n inherent part of his life. With passing time also tobacco, alcohol and JeongGuk's worst nightmare - drugs were involved. Even when their parents tried to talk to him about it, the stubborn teen didn't let anyone help him still sticking to people who slowly destroyed him.

An then, one day JeongGuk woke up to the sound of an ambulance's siren by his house and his parents screaming and crying. At first he didn't know what happened but he quickly understood when paramedics carried out his brother.

Overdose. 

The funeral happened a few days later but none of JungHyun's so called friends appeared. The Kims denied that their sons even knew each other. Didn't even shown any sympathy to the family in despair. 

Since then JeongGuk was sure that if only his brother hadn't met SeokJung, if only he wouldn't involve himself with this diabolic family, he would still be there. The seed of hate was slowly growing and he gladly gave it to Kims. Believing that every one of them was the same soulless monster he didn't want HoSeok to contact any of them. He didn't want his dear friend to involve himself in the same mess as his brother. He decided to do everything to defend his friend from those people.

"Maybe you'll invite him so he would go out with us tomorrow?" He proposed to HoSeok and after a small while he agreed, wanting to involve SeokJin in his group of friends. 

However JeongGuk planed something else. He was going to show who Kim really is. He knew what he knew and wasn't going to change his mind. Jin is dangerous for HoSeok and he's not going to lose another important person because of this family.