Twenty Four

JENNIE’s POV
After the chitchat and small talks, Lisa took the shower first and left the three of us in the bed. “Jennie, are you okay?” Chaeng mumbled I just nodded and went back to use my phone to check my meetings for this week. Lisa didn’t took so long in the shower, i have noticed that she’s been smiling a lot and that  makes me think she is happy, at least one of us is.... She insisted to drive us to her house so that we could all be together in one car. Lisa went inside first while carrying her luggage and started the engine. I was about to sit on the backseat when Jisoo whispered to me that she wants to sit with Chaeng. So i have no choice left but to sat next to the driver’s seat.... next to Lisa. Good thing Jisoo and Chaeng are very talkative that is why we also didn’t get awkward sitting beside each other. But they are not machines, and eventually they will also get tired. Since earlier i already noticed that Lisa isn’t that responsive when i am the one who’s talking, that is why I remained myself silent as much as possible.

A few moments later, a very awkward silence filled the car, i cleared my throat and ask her if I could open the radio. She just nodded at me and gave me a smile. I slowly opened it and let myself relax for a bit, knowing that Kai isn't around to hit me.After we went to the grocery store and buy everything we need, we drive again to get to her house.. She said she bought it the minute she knew that she will come back home.  I want to ask her a lot of questions but I’m still refraining myself to talk with her, but i am very happy to listen to her voice when she is talking to Chaeng and Jisoo. I am very much proud of what she have become.

We finally reached into her humble abode, her house is very earthy and very satisfying to look at. And it is the only house in this corner so she’ll have the privacy that she needs. Just like what she had planned before......We have planned to buy our house here before in Iwangsan, that’s why when she mentioned it earlier ... it made me happy and at the same time in full of regret. But I can’t live being regretful for the rest of my life. If only i could just easily tell her everything....We entered her cozy home and Chaeng took Lisa’s hand quickly asking her to tour her around the house. While me and Jisoo decided to cook our brunch.

I will cook Lisa’s favorite food that her father taught me hen we visited Thailand before, i am hoping that she will love it. Jisoo Unnie was helping me, she is in charge for making the Kimchi.I finished boiling the broth and washed first the vegetables and ready to cut them....in the middle of cutting the carrots, Lisa popped out of nowhere. “That smells good” she uttered. I was startled to see her that is why I didn’t noticed that the blade already touched my finger. “Ughhh! Fuck” I exclaimed, i should have been more careful. I was about to wipe it off but Lisa took my hands and put a pressure on my bleeding finger. And again, she is looking at me in the eye and said “Why are you so jumpy? Chill babe it’s just me” Lisa mumbled and gave me a wink. I didn’t respond and just look away from her because it’s so hard for me to look her in the eye. I don’t get it, why does she always have to stare in my eyes? Jisoo quickly run to get the medicine kit and handed it to Lisa. Finally she removed her eyes from mine and focused on my wound. After she successfully treat my cut, I thanked her. And now she’s the one who didn’t respond, and just walked away from us... and it seems like her mood automatically changed.

Chaeng also came and ask about what happened, just to tell me that i am being careless. She told us a lot about Lisa’s house, she said she will buy something like this while continue munching the food even though we are still cooking, Chaeng is such a foodie she is always hungry. Finally it’s time for lunch, Jisoo asked Lisa if it is okay for us to swim after eating, but Chaeng said that we didn’t bring any swim wear... which is true, “we can swim naked” Lisa suggested but Jisoo and Chaeng glared at her and gave her a slap on her arm, i did just chuckled on that scene, because it feels like the good old days. We just decided to wear our undergarments, and just dry it with a blower after the swim. I went in the pool first because they told me that they will clean up, because I already cooked for us, which i agree. Everything in this house is relaxing, I slowly hopped into the water and enjoyed as it touches my skin, I swam around the pool but fuck, I felt that my foot is crumping and it really hurts, the worst part is that I can’t reach the air because i am very short and found myself drowning all over the water. I got tired to fight for some air and just let myself sink,... maybe i was meant to die like this and this is what i deserve after all, I caused too many people in pain. I lost consciousness and woke up out of the water, as i felt that someone is pumping my chest and giving me air through my Lips. I was surprised when it was Lisa who’s performing a CPR for me. I quickly threw up all the water i drunk from the pool and started to catch my breath...