Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Naturally it wasn't one baby I was carrying at 38 but identical twins from an identical twin.  Though my obstetrician taught me about genetics when it comes to identical twins.  Only identical twins can be born to a mother who has the genes in her family.  Guys like Brandon and Corey carry the gene and can pass it on to their kids but cannot be the reason for identical twins.  They're my second set so I guess it's no shock that I'm the one with the gene.  Corey and I of course named our kids after what brought them into our lives.  We named our one boy Ewan Obi Henshaw and the second Harrison Han Henshaw.

It's now been five years since the twins have been born and we've decided to go camping as a family on the grounds of an obstacle course type of park.  Our family included Lana and Beau with their five kids along with Karen, Derrick, and Wil with their eight kids.  Our kids were all growing up together like cousins which Jessica would be included in when and if she has kids of her own.  Kayli wasn't included as it would be too awkward.  She is still with Blake but she did at one point try to get her Toma guys back years ago before our first child was born.  It didn't work and she didn't stand a chance but it definitely meant she couldn't be part of our family even though her brother was.  29 kids were running around the grounds like wild things as we just sat relaxing.  Our little girl Juliette would be attending Tulane in the fall and going through medical school with Tulane.  She has plans on being a pediatrician.  I wasn't surprised.  We refused to let our kids fast track as fast as Sean did but I thought 16 was a reasonable age to graduate.  It would keep her from becoming at doctor at the age of 19 so that was good enough for me.  I was glad she was going to school locally because I was not going to trust college boys around a minor.

I breathed in and out reminding myself that Juliette is just as deadly as I am if not even more.  She is well versed in many fighting styles thanks to my Big Bear and Honey.  Maybe I should actually fear for those horny college boys.  My oldest kid was already 16.  Holy fuck.

"Earth to Sangrida." Lana called out snapping her fingers in front of my face.  I shook my head and stared at my bestie.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"  I asked.

"She's been doing that a lot since Juliette graduated from high school." Kota said.

"She'll still live with you.  She's not going far.  Tulane wasn't bad." Lana said with a grin.

"You forget all the frat douches.  I'll just have to make sure she doesn't ever end up on Freret St as that's Frat Boy territory." I said.

"What's that mom?" a beautiful blonde asked with her long cascading strawberry blond curls.  I looked up at my daughter in awe struck.  I couldn't believe Sean and I made such a beautiful young woman.  I could see the chubby toddler with her blond curls and impish green eyes.  She was always so precocious.

"Nothing my love.  Go show those boys how to kill that course." I told her.  Jules grinned at me knowingly before jogging off with Kara towards the course.

"Get ready to lose suckers!" Kara cried out as they approached the starting line.

"You'll eat those words!" Alexei said as the kids all lined up.  

Soon the kids were off with Juliette and Kara in the lead for the majority of course one.  Clementine and Madeleine ended up tied in first place with Chip and JP in second place as they used Fearsome Foursome tactics to get in the lead.  I shook my head at their shenanigans.  I know that Juliette would have been first with Kara in second if those cheaters hadn't pulled out sling shots and hit their targets in tactical spots that helped them pull ahead.  Juliette and Kara loved the Fearsome Foursome enough to over look it though.  They were still happy since they beat the rest especially the Baby Bear brood.  I loved the way they felt competition with Raven's boys but the boys didn't feel the same.  They took after their dad and took pride in the girls being kick ass.  They'd never let their sisters know though because they knew their sisters took pride in beating them.

I might be 43 now but I still had my skills of stealth down tight as I crept up on Jules and Kara as I knew they were up to something.  I listened to them as they plotted against the rest of their siblings especially the Fearsome Foursome.  They wanted to show them who the best pranksters were.  I was proud of them and quietly crept back to my tent that I was sharing with Victor and Kota.

"What were you up to?" Kota asked with curious eyes.

"For once nothing.  But I noticed that Jules and Kara were up to something so I was listening in.  Let's just say we're in for an amusing morning." I said with a secret smile.  The boys shook their heads as we laid down together and fell asleep.

Juliette and Kara POV

After everyone went to sleep we crept quietly around the woods gathering nonvenomous snakes.  Once we had enough we crept back to our siblings tents.  We eased the snakes into their tents and then boobie trapped the tents.  We made sure that they wouldn't be able to open them.  The only way out would be ruining their tents.  We grinned at each other in the dark and went back to our own tent which had been filled with spiders courtesy of the Fearsome Foursome.  We'd already cleared out the wretched things.  We'd been onto those four and been way ahead of them.  We decided it was time to let them know who the best were.  We went to sleep with sugar plums dancing in our heads.

Back to Sang's POV

I woke early to screams from the kids and I chuckled as I rose with Kota and Victor.  We left our tents in time to watch Alexei use a knife to cut his way out of his tent.  He jumped out with his brothers and snakes spilling out after them.  I began laughing because I hadn't heard that part.  I just knew that the tents would be boobie trapped so they wouldn't open in the morning.  Alexei first ran to Jules tent to save his favorite sister because of course he assumed it was the work of the Fearsome Foursome.  He was surprised to find Juliette and Kara laughing with glee in their perfectly fine tent.  He smirked with pride before running to save his other siblings.  The Fearsome Foursome once released took it all in stride not at all ruffled as the other kids had been.

The rest of camp was spent as a Prank Off.  The Fearsome Foursome won it if anyone doubted their skills.  But I'll always remember Jules and Kara's first prank on their siblings.