Kisses, Tradition, Hot air, and Love

I was in the kitchen making a huge breakfast for my family when Marc sauntered in shirtless like always. He came up and wrapped me in his arms for our good morning kiss tradition. To this day it's still the best tradition we've come up with.

"Will you be ready to rock and roll with me today Bean?" Marc asked as he nuzzled the back of my neck as I continued to cook.

"Of course Muffin. Just gotta make sure I have our family fed. You know they can't survive without me." I said with a giggle.

After a loud, boisterous breakfast I went up to ready for my day with Marc. I put on shorts and a tank and lathered on the sunscreen. I put my hair up and grabbed my sunglasses then met Marc downstairs. We walked hand in hand to the streetcar stop. We no longer lived easy walking distance to Audubon Park so we were catching the streetcar there. Once at the park we walked to where hot air balloon rides were being given.

When it was our turn we rose up into the air above New Orleans. It was quite the view. Blinding really. New Orleans was pretty much all water and the sun was glaring off the water.

"It really is crescent shaped and all water. It being called the Crescent City is no joke. She's really beautiful though." I said as I admired New Orleans from above.

Marc wrapped his arms around me as we continued viewing the city from above.

"Lake Ponchartrain really is big. It's like it is it's own ocean." Marc commented.

"The Causeway Bridge that crosses it is 25 miles long. She used to be the longest Bridge in the world but now she's the fourth I believe. However, she is still the longest bridge in the world over continuous open water. The Chinese bridge that took her number 1 spot only covers open water for 16 miles while she covers 23.87 miles of open water putting her back at number 1." The person giving us the ride told us.

I found that really interesting and was glad that we retook our spot back at number 1. Eventually we began our descent landing in LaFreniere Park in Metairie. We caught an Uber to the French Quarter for lunch. After a delicious lunch Marc and I wandered around going in and out of different shops. We'd stop to watch and enjoy street performers. We got a silly caricature done of us. Finally we got daiquiris and headed to the streetcar together so that we could head home.