First date, Siren Awakens, and Overprotection

I heard the piano playing with the sweetest voice singing along coming from our music room.  I thought it was Victor playing and wondered which daughter had the voice of a Siren.  I floated on the notes into the music room at the same time as Victor.  We were both surprised to find our daughter Aurora on the piano playing with Alessandra singing.  I should have known it would be my Greek daughter with the voice of a Siren.  Nor should I be shocked that Aurora had her dad's talents.  Victor wrapped his arm around me as we silently watched our daughters in pride.  I laid my head on his shoulder as the Siren's voice wrapped around me.  We began clapping as the song came to an end.

Alessandra beamed at me as she rushed over.

"Momma can I have a YouTube channel?  I know you never wanted a music career but I do.  So many do it now without their souls being owned by companies.  I could get a following through YouTube." She said excitedly as she stared at me with her dark green eyes.  She got my eye color but they were the darkest of greens to match with her black hair and olive skin.  I knew I had to say yes because I trusted my daughter and instilled her with confidence but I didn't want to.  I was worried social media would destroy my beautiful daughter.  I didn't want her to feel she needs to wear big baggy clothes so she won't be sexualized at too young an age like another young singer did.  I want her to be comfortable in her skin.  I wonder if I can convince her to do it with comments turned off.  I bit my inner cheek as I pondered all this.  Victor elbowed me and I realized she was calling out to me.

"Momma?" Alessandra said.

"I'm sorry darling.  Of course you can but I'm worried about how ugly people can be on social media.  Do you mind if we have comments turned off?" I requested.

"Not at all momma!" Alessandra promised.  I sighed with relief.  Apparently they had already recorded it to I got Corey and we helped set up her channel.  I had her go with her first name because I could easily imagine how perverts would feel about the name Bambi.  It's a normal name in Greece but here it isn't a normal name.  Here it would bring out the perverts.  So definitely wouldn't let her channel be under her middle name or it be her stage name.  We recorded her greeting the audience she hoped to have before putting her song into the recording and posting it on YouTube with the comments turned decidedly off.

I shared my daughter's channel and first video through my Twitter account as I knew it would help my daughter's channel take off.  My Twitter account is still quite popular.  Once that was done we turned to Aurora to address her musical talent.

"No, I don't want to pursue it.  I feel how you and daddy feels about music.  I just want to enjoy it for the simple pleasure it brings and not add pressure of other people.  Nope, when I grow up I'm going to run the B&B with Dahlia!" Aurora said.

I hadn't known which of my kids would be the ones that wanted to take over or even if any would but I was glad that my two youngest girls were the ones wanting to carry the mantle.  

"I'm so glad." I said with a grin on my face and tears in my eyes.  Victor squeezed my hand and shared a smile with me.  Once that was all done I could hear Jules squealing for me.  I found her in the living room jumping around.

"What is it my darling?" I asked with a twinkle in my eyes.

"Remember that boy I impressed at the obstacle course?  He asked me out on a date momma!!" Juliette said excitedly.  I squealed and hugged my daughter as we jumped around together in excitement.

"That fucker asked my sister out?" Alexei ground out in anger.  Soon overprotective fathers and brothers came into the room as I stood my ground with my daughter along with Kara, Clementine, Chip, Madeleine, and Jean Pierre.

"Nope.  No little prick is taking out our Crown Jewel." Nathan said firmly.  I wasn't surprised Nathan was part of the overprotective crowd but I was surprised it wasn't North's voice first.

"I have to agree with Nathan." Owen said.

"I remember teen boys.  Definitely not allowing one to take my daughter out.  She has to focus on becoming a pediatrician." Sean said.  I guess North didn't need to say anything.

"Do you nine remember when we met?" I asked with my arms crossed as I stared them down.  This was a battle I wouldn't lose.

"That was different!" Kota said.

"Oh?  Was it?  How so?" I asked with a hard glint to my eyes.  Raven was looking rather amused.

"We weren't after you for just your body!" Kota said.

"Oh so you know this young man and know that this is what he's after?" I asked.

"Of course it's what he fucking wants Sang Baby.  It was what I wanted with you from the moment I met you even if Kota says differently." North said.

"But you had control of yourself didn't you?" I asked.

"Of course-" North started but I interrupted.

"Thank you for resting my case.  She is going on this date if she wants to go.  She didn't even say if she wanted though I assume from her enthusiasm that she does." I said.

"I do want to go mom." Juliette said firmly and stubbornly as she glared at her shadow Alexei.

Naturally I won and she went.  Before she went Owen made sure the boy knew he knew where he lived courtesy of Corey.  When they got back from her first date certain men and brothers were sitting on our front porch cleaning guns.  I won the battle but the boys won the war as Juliette never saw that boy again.  She wasn't sad though she told me he was a dud so really we both won but we let the boys thing they won.