Scooby Doo and Masquerades

~*Part One*~

It's one of the best times in New Orleans.  Halloween.  The way this city does it up in October for Halloween you'd think the people of New Orleans personally created Halloween.  Which is why for our date night Luke is taking me to a haunted house.  This time of year The Mortuary hosts haunted house for scares inside of their actually haunted building.  Year round they offer ghost tours and ghost hunting.  Luke signed us up for the fake haunted house followed by ghost hunt around midnight.  It seems like something Luke would do and I won't lie I'm interested.  Living in New Orleans has definitely opened my mind to possibilities of just well anything.  I live in Anne Rice's mansion after all and she's like the Vampire Queen Author so once can never be too sure of what exists.

We pulled up to the Mortuary and found a spot to parallel park in and exited Luke's vehicle.  

"I promise not to let any of the ghosts get you Cupcake.  Bwahahaha." Luke said dramatically. 

I rolled my eyes and giggled as we got in line.  The line moved briskly and soon and we entered the fake portion of the haunted house.  I held tightly to Luke's hand as we walked through the darkened hall.  We went past creepy scenes and suddenly an actor popped out scaring us which directed us down the basement stairs.

Once downstairs we went past an actor playing a mad doctor operating on an awake patient played by another actor.  I have to say the makeup work was really well done and the guts spilling out of the patient looked realistic.  We passed the morgue room and their was banging on the door that bodies are kept in with someone yelling for help and to be let out.  I squealed and pushed against Luke's back forcing him to move forward.  I can't watch horror movies what made me think I could do a haunted house?  Surely real ghosts aren't scary, right?  Luke laughed as he picked me up and rushed through the house.  When we were getting towards the end a creepy clown stepped out.

"Ooooh is the little girl scaaaaared?" The creepy clown asked in a creepy, distorted voice.

I squealed and turned my face into Luke's chest.

"Even I don't do clowns Cupcake." Luke said as I felt him shudder and he darted past the clown with his ninja reflexes.  He ran out the building.

"So Meanie doesn't do spiders and for you it's clowns?" I asked.

"Clowns and kale." Luke said.

I laughed hard at the kale part.  We stood around talking, laughing, and flirting as we waited for he haunted house to be cleaned up for the ghost tour/ghost hunt portion at midnight.

"You should see the dress Gabe is creating for you.  It'll match the masquerade mask you chose with him perfectly.  I can't wait to see you in it." Luke said.

"Oooh, I can't wait to see it!" I said.

"If you look as sexy in it as I know you will Gabe and I might have to lay the double trouble down on you again." Luke said with a wink.

I was sitting on steps with Luke standing in front of me I wrapped my legs around his hips and pulled him into me.

"Mmm.  Maybe we can do that tonight.  I'm always down for both of my Double Trouble." I said with a wicked look.

"You're speaking my language Cupcake.  I think I'm ready to take a bite out of my favorite Cupcake." Luke whispered into my ear as he leaned down into my space.  I shivered and then he nipped my neck.

"Mmm tasty Cupcake." Luke murmured into my ear.

I sighed happily as I turned his face to mine and we began kissing.  Which is of course when it was time to go ghost hunting.