Chapter 13: Where Do We Go Now?

A/N: I'm gonna try and upload every Monday and Friday if I get the chance
____________________

Pene's P.O.V

"We're not being jungle explorers Violet." Noire spoke as we all wandered aimlessly through the trees.

"Fine, I'll be the message decipher-er." Violet said smugly as she held up the tape player.

"You're still holding onto that?" I questioned.

"Why wouldn't I be? It's an important plot device, whatever the fuck that means." Violet replied moving her hand from side to side.

I looked at the others and noticed that Riven was eyeing the tape player suspiciously.

"Violet?" I asked.

She turned to look at me and tilted her head to the side.

"Maybe we could let Riven listen to it. I'm sure that she knows more about it than we do." 

"You really think so?" Violet spoke, she sounded a little unsure.

"Positive." I answered.

"Okay. If you're sure." Violet responded handing Riven the tape player.

She held the object close to her ear, all we could do was watch as her face contorted into a wide variety of expressions.

Riven turned to Lizzie who was only a few steps in front of her and held up the tape player.

I decided to ignore their, soon to be, one sided conversation and looked behind me. I saw Noire walking with my brother and Angel. 

'They seem to be getting along well..' 

They were too caught up in their conversation to notice my little smile. I'm happy my brother is starting to trust people. 

They same couldn't be said for Vice though. He was at the very back of the group, his hands were in his pockets and he was looking closer to the ground than the rest of us.

I walked around the three behind me and walked beside the man in question.

"Vice?" I asked.

He simply hummed in response, not even bothering to look up from the ground.

"Are you even going to try and get to know the people around you?" 

"What's the point? They'll either leave or they'll die." I snapped his head up in my direction.

"Look, I don't know what happened to you in the past but you're gonna have to suck it up and deal with it." I said bluntly. I was never one for being empathetic. "It's not like any of us are leaving any time soon. You're gonna be stuck with us for a while."

I didn't even give him a chance to reply as I walked away to go and talk to Lizzie, who seemed to be done with her little chat.

"Lizzie?" I asked.

She turned to me with a small smile. "Is everything alright Pene?"

"I was wondering if we were going anywhere specific..." I said cautiously.

"I don't think that wandering aimlessly counts as having a set destination." She spoke softly.

"I mean we could always go to the graveyard near Old Eastfell." Violet interrupted.

"What motive could we possibly have to go to a graveyard?" Lizzie asked. 

"Duh, it's obvious. Isn't it?" Violet said.

"To you maybe, but to the rest of the world? Not a chance." I spoke.

Violet rolled her eyes and huffed. "We both know that Pene found her file." 

"Wait what? She found hers, but how?" Lizzie quizzed.

"Stole it from the scientists and his two bodyguards. Why else would there be corpses in my room?" I stated.

"There were corpses in that room too?" Lizzie sighed.

"Forget about the corpses, nobody cares about who they were anyways." Violet said, quickly growing impatient. "All I'm saying is that if we look for those files we would finally understand something about why we're not normal."

"But why would we look for them in a graveyard?" I asked.

"People bury the hatchet, their lies and their secrets. Why wouldn't they bury the truth?" Violet declared. "And who's to say they didn't bury empty caskets in our place." 

"You make a exceptionally valid point. Are you feeling okay?" Lizzie questioned.

"I feel delightful. Why wouldn't I be?" Violet asked being rather confused.

"Because you're not the type of person to make intelligent statements." I sate. 

Violet narrows her eyes and just shrugs. "Fair enough."

"You said it was near Old Eastfell, right?" I asked.

"Well it's between New and Old Eastfell, but it's closer to Old."

"So we're heading to town...wherever that may be." Lizzie spoke, although she sound a little unsure. 

"Exactly." Violet stated.

"As soon as we get out of this magical forest...thing we should definitely be closer to Eastfell than Northfold." I spoke calmly.

Lizzie gave me a confused look. "How can you be so sure..?"

"Because myself and Klaude were taken from Clearstone River, which separates New and Old Eastfell." 

"And Northfold is several miles away...so all of us must be from either New or Old Eastfell.." Lizzie spoke solemnly.

"Tactical kidnapper." Violet sighed.

"The graveyard it is." I spoke calmly.
____________________

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 13 of Echos In The Catacombs
Chapter 14 should be out soon

Catch You Later~