Fire Elementalist: 15

TYPE: fluff
T/W: none I guess?
CONTEXT:
- you get out of Tartar sauce
- heads up, gonna skip on a lot of details from HoO (and probably gonna skip a lot on BoO too)

Hope y'all enjoy, darlings 💜

• • •

Your POV

We've been falling and fighting for days now, probably even weeks. I don't really know now. Time is all wibbly wobbly down here. We haven't slept or ate. If we hadn't drank from the River Phlegethon and befriended the giant Iapetus (aka Bob), we'd be dead before we could even process that we were in Tartarus.

We found a small resting site where we got to take a breather. There was a building that roughly resembled the pavilion back at camp. At the center was a fire brazier that, again, resembled the one at camp. Annabeth had an idea. If this was similar to the one back at camp, then anything we burn here could appear at the brazier at camp, just like offering food to the gods.

Annabeth then took out a piece of paper and Percy discovered that Riptide was actually *gasp* A PEN! I know, he's had that thing for years and only now is he discovering that it can actually transform into a pen. Anyway, he wrote a message for Will and the other campers about our quest and the Athena Parthenos. He put the paper in the middle of the brazier and used my fire powers to burn it. When nothing was left, the conversation turned to me.

"So," Annabeth said, "that good news you were about to tell us, back in that restaurant in Rome?"

I was exhausted and sad, but remembering that good news I had to share gave me hope. I was close to giving up, but knowing that I had something and someone to come back to helped me move forward.

"When Percy went missing," I said, "I stayed at camp, right? I was helping build the ship and prepare defenses with our camp and Brooklyn house because of the Setne thing. In short, I skipped a semester of high school. BUT... Since Brooklyn Academy for the gifted offers specializations based on your talent, I specialized in theater. They said they would give me credit for the semester I skipped if I got a part in Broadway."

"Is this going where I think it is?" Percy asked. My smile grew wider, and so did theirs.

"I auditioned for a part in this upcoming Broadway musical, Hadestown," I continued. "Honest to gods, I thought I wouldn't get it. But then Will contacted me and said that my sister, Sadie, received a letter the other day. And they said I got the lead as an understudy!"

"Oh my gods!" Percy said hugging me as tight as he could.

"(Y/n), we're so proud of you!" Annabeth said, joining our hug.

"There was an agreement with the main lead, Eva, though, that she would play the lead on weekdays, then I would play the lead on Sundays and double-show Saturdays," I said. I'm really glad that she agreed. I met her at the audition and she was really nice. We became friends after that, And I was more than excited to see her at work. That is, of course, if we survive this. No, we have to survive this.

"Anyway," I continued, "on opening night, which is scheduled to be on a Saturday, I'll be in the theater standing by, but I won't be playing the lead. But the day after, I'll be playing the lead. It's my Broadway debut and it would really mean a lot to me if the two of you would come. It's about a year away, but still. Please?"

"Of course, sis!" Percy said.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world!" Annabeth squealed.

"Oh, and could you guys not tell the others yet, I really want to surprise them on my debut."