Trusting Sokka X Reader

"Zuko I don't think they're gonna let us be apart of their team." I told my brother, Zuko.

"Well what's your plan?"

"I don't know, just apologize, say stuff like 'I'm sorry for trying to kill you.'"

"Don't act so innocent, you've done some bad stuff too."

"Oh yeah like what? I wasn't on your side at all, I just felt bad for you because our farther literally kicked you out so I ran away with you. I didn't want to but you're my only brother that I actually like."

"Look we're not going to get anywhere if we keep fighting."

I sat down on a rock, my head in my hands. Whenever Zuko ran away to go back home Uncle Iroh wanted me to go with him, to make sure that he won't do something he will regret. And now he wants to help the avatar, which that's great I'm happy for him but I want to settle down.

"How about we just straight up tell the truth, just apologize and we will introduce ourselves, saying we changed and want to help Aang." I told him.

"Who's Aang?"

"I- Zuko Aang is the Avatar."

"Really? I need to work on that."

~~

"Hello, Zuko here."

I face palmed.

Everybody glared at us.

"I'm Y/n, before you kill us I would like to say that we won't kill you."

"Yeah right you said that last time." The boy with a wolf's tail said.

"I know, you have every right to hate us, but please hear me out."

I explained to them how Zuko was banished, I went with him, and how much we're traumatized by our own father and sister.

"and now we want to help you." I finished off. None of them looked happy.

"I still don't trust either one of you." The water tribe boy said.

"Sokka's right, we can't trust you because of what you did." The girl said, I think her name is Katara.

"Y/n didn't do anything, I was the one who sent combustion man." Zuko said.

"You sent Sparky Sparky Boom Boom Man!" Sokka yelled.

"Great Zuko, just great." I elbowed him. "Yes we done some messed up stuff but please forgive us, Aang needs a fire bending teacher."

The blind girl spoke up. "Y/n's right, I think we should trust them."

"I agree with Toph, alright I'll let you guys teach me. Let's start tomorrow." Aang said.

Zuko and I got comfortable, I was laying down far away from everybody else, I know I wasn't exactly welcomed so I tried staying far away. Zuko however, I can't find him anywhere. The fire pit was far away from me, everybody was sitting around it, laughing.

Growing up I didn't grow up with friends, or a loving family. Father didn't like me because I wouldn't use my bending for evil, Mother never talked to me, Azula burned me for fun, and Zuko, well is Zuko.

I was debating on whether or not to go sit with them. I have to make them trust me, so I got up and walked over there. Sokka raised an eyebrow at me.

"Can I sit here?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded his head. "Fine."

"Thank you." Sitting beside of him, I looked into the fire pit.