Zuko: Coping (afab smut)

hey yall, whenever you give me a request give me a plot, and a gendered reader (cis female, ftm, or nonbinary) and if it's woman x reader tell me who's top/bottom or switch.
~~~~

Y/n is the type of person who will do anything to not talk about her problems. She'll also do anything that's considered an unhealthy coping skill.

Zuko and Y/n share one thing in common, they hate talking about their own problems, but will always beg each other to talk about their issues. That's why they get along so well. Zuko is practically the male version of Y/n to a certain extent.

Y/n was having another tough time back at her house. Her parents were out yelling at each other for the 20th time today. They've been doing that since she's little and yet they still won't get a divorce. Her parents are co-dependent with each other and that's the only reason why they haven't left each other. With an exaggerated sigh Y/n climbed out of her window and hopped on her bike to ride to Zuko's.

With him being the fire lord, it's easier for her to sneak in without worrying about his dad. The guards there know's who she is because she's always riding her bike over there. Y/n never uses the front door, she just parks her bike underneath Zuko's room and uses earthbending to climb up his house.

Y/n hops over the balcony and knocks on his window. Moments later Zuko nonchalantly opens it to let her in.

"Thanks." She dusted herself off.

"You could just use the front door, it's easier." He closed the window.

"Yeah but this way is more fun." She joked while taking off her shoes.

"Fair enough." Zuko snickerd, sitting beside of her on his bed. "What brings you over?"

Y/n rolled her eyes, "Its nothing."

He gave her a "you sure about that?" look.

"Just parent issues." She rested her head on his shoulder.

Zuko already knows her parents was her main problem. When they were little she mentioned it to him countless of times, but as they got older she stopped talking about it.

"Zuko?"

"Yeah?"

Y/n's palms got sweaty, she always wanted to ask this question but was just too afraid to hear his answer. "Can we fuck?" She slightly cringed at herself.

"...What?" He let out a nervous laughter.

"Can we fuck?" She said a little louder.

"Why?"

She lifted up her head and looked at Zuko, "Coping, I guess."

"There are other ways to cope without resorting to something like that. Trust me, I've learned the hard way that those kinds of choices only lead to more complications."

"Mae?"

"Yep." He said, popping the "P".

"I'm not her though. It's not going to add more complications, but if you say no then that's fine." She sighed. "Wouldn't hurt to ask."

"I didn't exactly say no, I just said that's not a healthy way to cope."

Y/n smirked, "What if I just want to fuck you because I find you attractive?"

"Then how come you didn't start off with that?"

"Touché." She snickered, "But seriously though, you want to?"