Chapter 6 [2] - Chiba and Karma have a talk

So, it looks like Rio and Karma are really getting to the bottom of this nagging question of whether or not Chiba and Hayami are a secret couple.

Rio is stuck with Hayami while Karma is with the Emo Marksman himself, Ryunosuke Chiba.

Is this an invasion of privacy? Probably.

Karma and Chiba were walking on the sidewalk when Chiba suddenly asked Mr. Red-Hair a question.

Chiba: "So, you wanted to walk with me to understand more about Hayami and me, right?"

Karma: "I mean, I guess... But I'm surprised you're nicer to me considering earlier."

Chiba: "I mean, I guess that encounter at Valentine's Day was just a one-time thing."

Karma: "Right..."

Chiba looked back at Karma when he said that in a hesitant voice. Karma suddenly jolted up and began to talk again.

Karma: "Uh, nothing! I'm serious this time. (Not really.) So, anyways, what is up with you two?"

Chiba: "..."

Karma: "So?"

Chiba: "...You wanna head to my house?"

Karma agreed and went with Chiba to his house.

__________________________________

Chiba's room was... quite interesting to say the least. Due to his love of Japanese Punk, Chiba's room was filled to the brim with posters of rock bands and t-shirts from different world tours. In one corner, there was a stereo player on top of a CD rack. Pretty old-school, don't you think?

"Wowie Zowie," Karma exclaimed. "Am I stuck in a tour bus?"

"One more time you say that and I'll kick you out." Chiba boldly replied. This made Karma roll his eyes.

Karma took a seat and Chiba began to talk.

Karma: "So, anyways, I started blasting and-"

Chiba: "...What?"

Karma: "Oh. Uhhh, what was I asking again? Oh right. How are the two of you?"

Chiba: "Honestly, we're doing well-off. We seem to get along just fine..."

Karma noticed Chiba trail off after he said his statements and this made the red-haired assassin think that his emo sniper friend had a dilemma.

Karma: "If you're fine, then what's with the trail-off at the end of your sentence?"

Chiba: "Huh? Oh, that? Oh no, it's nothing..."

Karma: "SEE! YOU DID IT AGAIN! Okay, but seriously, what's up?"

Chiba: "...I don't really want to say it, but I think I... I think...Maybe, just maybe..."

Karma, realizing that Chiba isn't confident enough, slapped him in the back, HARD.

Chiba: "YOU ASSHOLE! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!"

Karma: "You must be lacking confidence. Are you actually okay, my guy?"

Chiba: "...I don't know. I've had this feeling for weeks, or hell, even months now and I have no idea what I should do, or even how I feel about this."