Chapter 4 - Growing Suspicions

It has been a few days since Valentine's Day and everyone in E-Class is getting ready for the end of the year... or rather, their lives.

There are only a couple of days left until the deadline and Korosensei hasn't been taken out yet by the students. Despite this, they pressed on with smiles and laughter.

As another school day comes to a close, everyone said their goodbyes to their friends and left the classroom. Hayami started to pack up her things when all of a sudden, Chiba came up to her with a present.

"Uh..." Chiba spoke to Hayami with hesitation. "This is for you."

He then gave her a small but hefty present. When Hayami opened it, it was revealed that Chiba had gifted her a new 6x Scope for her sniper!

Hayami: "A 6x Scope?!"

Chiba: "Yeah. It's pretty cool, right? When I saw it, I immediately thought of you. And I needed a way to thank you for the chocolate during Valentine's Day."

Hayami: "You didn't need to do that, you know! You paid for dinner on Valentine's and that was okay by me. But a new scope? You really outdid yourself!"

Chiba: "I mean, I got to thank you somehow!"

Hayami: "Oh come on! You're making me look bad!"

As the two laughed and tested out the new scope, Ultimate Playboy Vocalist Hiroto Maehara grew largely suspicious of the Sniper Duo. Outside in the hallway, he voiced his suspicions to Nagisa, Karma, Korosensei, and (Female) Class Representative Meg Kataoka.

"Suspicious of juicy gossip, Maehara?" Asked Korosensei. "Tell me more..."

"Ugh," grunted Meg Kataoka. "Your suspicions are honestly trash. What makes you think that they are secretly a couple?"

"Well, LET ME TELL YA!" Maehara yelled.

We suddenly interrupt this story for a new segment called:

MAEHARA'S 4 POINTS OF SUSPICION: CHIBA AND HAYAMI EDITION!

POINT 1: THEY'RE ALWAYS AT SCHOOL TOGETHER!

Meg: "We're always at school together, you dingus."

Maehara: "LET ME EXPLAIN!  Now, yes, we are always at school together, but these two are special. They are literally always together. Project? They always are in the same group! Science lab? They're always partners. Those dumb tests of courage? THEY. ARE. ALWAYS. PAIRED. TOGETHER!"

Korosensei: "DID YOU CALL MY TESTS OF COURAGE DUMB?!"

POINT 2: THE TWO OF THEM DO SPECIAL MARKSMEN TRAINING TOGETHER BY THEMSELVES.

Maehara: "I mean, of course they do. They are the best marksmen in our class. But they go alone for some reason and leave the group."

Meg: "Huh. You may be on to something."

POINT 3: THEY SEEM TO HAVE TELEPATHY.

Karma: "I'll back you up with this one. When I was walking around during that summer festival, I saw the two doing that shooting gallery game. When they were done, they both pointed at a prize at the same time. Initially, I wasn't too weirded out by this observation, but they kept on doing it every time they won! Let's just say that they do have some kind of telepathy magic or something."

POINT 4: IF ONE IS LACKING IN ANY WAY, THE OTHER MAKES UP FOR IT!

Maehara: "...This one is self-explanatory."