Chapter 17.5 - A Movie Night?! (in the eyes of Sugino and Kanzaki)

"It all began a few hours ago in Nakamura-san's house..."

"Yeah, no shit. I was there."

"Yeah, I know. Do I look stupid?"

"Okay, and as you were saying?"

Tomohito Sugino, with all due respect, is a klutz when it comes to interacting with his good friend and crush, Yukiko Kanzaki. That's what Chiba thought initially.

However, as Sugino explained to him what went down, the Emo Marksman became surprised and wondered if this klutz does have a chance...

__________________________________

Ah, yes!

We've got Sugino: A baseball prodigy and friendly dude, but is a bumbling idiot under pressure.

And Kanzaki: An avid gamer and a beautiful smartie, but is as dense as a brick.

In the end, only one has feelings for the other.

However, tonight would be the night where that would change. Or at least that's what Rio Nakamura, Hinano Kurahashi, and Rinka Hayami said.

An extensive crash course on how to not act like an idiot next to your crush was in full swing for Sugino. And although it got intense and really weird at one point, it was a success and Sugino came out as a "new" man.

Not really. But at least he was slightly more confident!

After fumbling a bit and falling down the stairs, he was ready to make his move and he went outside with Kanzaki to set up the projector.

__________________________________

10:46 PM.

It was an average March night.

The trees were lightly brushed by the northern winds and the air was cool and tolerable.

The stars were up tonight with the crumbled Moon in the distant and vast space known as... space.

As we head back down to Tokyo, we can see two potential lovebirds chatting it up while setting up a projector. Sugino was listening to Kanzaki as she read out the instructions. It was a breeze to do and after they hung up a white bedsheet and plugged in her laptop, they were done in 5 minutes flat.

The two hi-fived each other out of respect and decided to wait outside for the others. Sitting down on the porch, a conversation had ensued between them.

Sugino: "S-So, Kanzaki? How's life treating you?"

Kanzaki: "It's going pretty good! I've been doing a lot of gaming recently and I nearly got first on an online tournament!"

Sugino: "Wow, that's cool!"

Kanzaki: "It was! Anyways, how have you been? It's been a while since we've last seen each other. I wanna catch up on what I missed!"

Sugino: "Ah-oh-well-uhm... You honestly didn't miss anything too major..."

Kanzaki: "Oh, come on! There's gotta be one interesting thing I missed."

Seeing her smile for the first time in a while made Sugino blank out for a bit. But, this was short-lived as for once, he snapped out of this phase quickly.