Chapter 6 [1] - Rio and Rinka have a talk

So, it looks like Rio and Karma are really getting to the bottom of this nagging question of whether or not Chiba and Hayami are a secret couple.

Chiba is stuck with Karma while Rio is with the Tsundere Sniper herself, Rinka Hayami.

Is this an invasion of privacy? Probably.

As the two were walking on the sidewalk in town, it was apparent Rio was the more talkative type. There needed to be a way for Hayami to get talking.

Rio: "So, I heard you paint fences."

Hayami: "Yes, I do that sometimes."

Rio: "Must be hard work, right?"

Hayami: "Yes."

Rio (in her mind): "This girl is quite the anti-talker. I've got to spruce up the conversation more to understand her better..."

As Rio was about to speak, Hayami stopped walking.

"Uh," Rio asked. "Are you okay?"

Hayami, without turning around to face Rio, asked her something that turned the tables.

Hayami: "Nakamura-san, although I invited you to walk with me, I know that you're asking me a bunch of questions and trying to get me to talk because you and Karma want to know if Chiba and I are secretly a couple. Am I correct?"

Rio: "No, no! Not at all!"

Rio (in her mind): "Dammit! Rinka found out! What do I do now...?"

Hayami: "Stop playing coy with me. You two are curious to know what's up."

Fearing that Hayami is getting angrier at her, Rio decided to just flat out admit it and say that she and Karma wanted to know.

Rio: "Rinka, I'll just say it. Yes, Karma and I want to know if you and Chiba are a thing."

Although Rio couldn't see it, Hayami was clearly getting kind of angry. The Tsundere Sniper was slightly tensing up and her right fist was clenched. However, she cooled down a bit. Hayami unclenched her fist, let out a breath of air, and began to speak again.

Hayami: "Listen, Nakamura. If you and Karma aren't going to stop spying on me and Chiba, then here's the thing: he and I have dated before."

Rio:

Hayami: "I don't even consider those dates

Hayami: "I don't even consider those dates. They've ended too awkwardly... We've tried to talk, but it's just weird between us. We'd just blackout and just stare at each other, not really saying anything.

Rio: "Really?! Is there anything else?"

Hayami paused for a bit. Suddenly, her stoic demeanour began to deteriorate as Rio was getting a bit too on-the-nose.