Chapter 13 - At the Shooting Range

Now that things are in full swing for the Sniper Lovebirds, they both decided that a great place for their next date would be at the local shooting range.

Why?

...Because it's common sense that if these two went out on a date, one of the places they would go to is the shooting range.

(It's in their duo name for crying out loud.)

When 8 PM arrived, Chiba and Hayami had left their homes and went to meet each other at the destination. Along the way, Chiba decided to stop by the convenience store to pick up something for his partner.

____________________________________

At the range, a noticeably angry Hayami was seen at the entrance once Chiba arrived. Crossing her arms, she looked at her partner with irritation.

"Where were you, " Hayami angrily said to Chiba. "You're 20 minutes late."

Chiba couldn't help but just stand in front of her with a blank face.  He suddenly spoke.

"You're pretty cute when you get angry." He replied casually.

Upon hearing this, Hayami got embarrassed and blushed frantically. Being complimented threw her off and she immediately forgot to be angry.

"Anyways," Chiba spoke up again. "I was late because I was picking something at the convenience store."

Chiba reached into his pocket and, in his hands, was some chocolate bits.

Hayami: "Chocolate Bits?! Didn't I give you some back on Valentine's?"

Chiba: "Yeah. I guess you could call it a throwback."

He immediately threw the box of bits to Hayami. She caught it successfully.

"Get it? Throwback?" Chiba jokingly exclaimed.

Immediately, Hayami threw back the bits to Chiba, who then threw it back to her, then to him again, then to her...

Basically, they're playing Hot Potato.

That was until Hayami put the bits in her pocket.

"Seriously," Hayami asked Chiba. "Why did you buy the Chocolate Bits?"

"Well..." Chiba replied. "...Remember how I did pretty well in Target Practice with only chocolate ammo? I wanna see if you do well using chocolate."

Hayami, looking at the bits, accepted the challenge.

"You brought the guns?" Hayami asked.

Like a gun-slinging cowboy, Chiba took out two airsoft guns left over from their time in E-Class. Hayami, grinning from side to side, took a gun from Chiba and entered the range.

"Are we even allowed to do this, " Hayami asked Chiba as they both entered the range. "I mean, they won't allow food beyond the lobby."

"I have a plan..." Chiba devilishly grinned.

You see, the gun range they were at is separated into two parts: the indoor shooting range and the outdoor shooting range. The outdoor range is closed for the day, meaning the two could only do their shooting inside.

But, that'll attract unwanted attention.

In the lobby, they rented their session and entered the range. But, they weren't going to stay indoors for much longer now. Using the stealth skills they learnt from Karasuma, they managed to sneak past the visitors and the security guards to enter the outdoor range.