thirty eight

Three months later

"Hey y/n." Colby said to me as he walked into my house, "Hi," I smiled at him, "how's the baby?" He asked, looking down at my tummy, "Almost ready to pop." I chuckled, i looked up at colby, he smiled,
"You been holding up okay?" He asked, i nodded, Colby had been checking in on me lately, making sure im okay, he's always cared for me so much...
"Well i brought tender greens, and some candy." He smirked, i smiled, "yay! Thank you Colbs." I grabbed the candy and sat myself on the couch, Colby came beside me and sat with me, "You think you're capable of doing this alone?" He looked at me,
"I dont know.." I shrugged, "i have to be."
"You dont Lauren, i'm going to be here every step of the way, i don't care who's kid it is.." He reached out for my hand and i reached out to hold his. I leaned my head down on his shoulder as i ate some candy.
"I can't wait to see a mini version of you." He looked down at me and smiled, i smiled, "me too." He sat up and leaned down to lay on my stomach.

time passing

"This baby is so close to popping!" I said to Colby and Tracy as i walked into the living room holding my back, "I know im so excited!" Tracy said, "Gus would be too." He smiled at me, i smiled sadly, i turned to Colby who looked uncomfortable.
"So do you still wanna keep yourself surprised for the gender or should we open up that envelope in the third drawer by your bed." Tracy wiggled his eyebrows, "How do you even- Nevermind, you can take a peek, but i dont wanna know." He ran upstairs to my room, i heard his loud footsteps.
"Hey Lauren, you ever going to address, what happened between us?" Colby walked up to me slowly... "What do you mean?" I played stupid,
"Last week Lauren, when we kissed and hooked up." He looked down at my lips and back up at me, i bit my lip, leaning into him and kissing him softly, he kissed me back, softly playing with my hair, until we heard footsteps and pulled away. I stared at Colby, false alarm, Tracy was still upstairs.
"Colby, i don't need this complicated stuff right now, i miss Gus." I looked down at my belly, "I miss the life i was supposed to have." I admitted,
"I know Lauren, but i love you and i wanna help you raise this baby, and then make our own, you don't deserve to do this on your own.." He looked me deep in the eyes, i leaned in and kissed him one more time, he kissed me back, until we heard Tracy shout,
"Oh my god!" As he said that i pushed Colby off of me, as if he came onto me, Tracy didn't notice.
"Im so happy." Tracy smiled. "I hope its a boy so we get an actual mini Gus." I said to Tracy, Tracy winked at me, "oh boyy were lucky." I gasped, "Did you just spoil that?" He laughed, "Girllllll i promise you i didn't." He chuckled and Colby laughed too.