Three

"I'm sorry, I'm late" that was third time in a week I hear HER say that. Does this girl realize our class starts at 7:30 in the morning not 8 or 8:30??

I know I'm being too overreacting, but I really am not the ones that wastes time. I better be too early or on time than be late, I've learned that since grade school, being the leader of all programs and activities, discipline in time is an utmost priority. Discipline creates habits, habits make routines, and routines become who we are daily.

This girl just can't have a week of classes without being late!

"She doesn't live within the city, that's why." Annie whispered to my right ear. I am not aware of what she was saying.

Oh, did I say that out loud????

"yep!" she replied popping the P. Annie has always been a nosy one. She was so friendly that almost all of the people in the room were her friends. Including Celine.

"Celine", what a lovely name. If I am not mistaken, Celine is a French female first name of Latin origin, coming from Caelīna, the feminine form of the Roman cognomen Caelīnus, meaning "heavenly". Its equivalent in Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese is Celina.

"If she lives away from the city, why hasn't she considered moving here? I bet that would be more fun. You know being away from your parents and all."

I laughed at what I said because that's what exactly I feel.

"I don't know. Let's try to talk to her during break, yeah?"

I just nod but felt a little nervous at the thought of talking to Celine. Why? I always talk with everyone. Weird.

- - - -

"Heyyy guys!" Annie approached Celine's circle of friends. I'm not dumb to now know them. Celine is at the center of their table, together with Jane, Ashley and Sue. Annie was part of her circle too.

They exchange Hi and Hellos. Both Gideon and I sit with them bringing our lunch with us.

"Hey Max!" Celine address me. I smile and for a second I don't know what to reply. I think I am just struck because we don't have any interactions before and her voice is so soothing, I want that voice to call me everytime—

Dammit, Maxine!!

You've exchanged Hi and hellos to other students here, just say something!!! I mentally scold myself.

"h-hey!" I replied. I barely talked to her, I realized that. I've talked to ger friends in the morning and after class in the afternoon. Not her. Because she's always late and goes early after class. Now that I am close to her, I noticed how long her lashes are, she has these big eyes that screams beauty and a cute nose match with a plump lip. I also had the chance to listen as she talked and laughed carelessly, and I find it amusing. Seeing that she didn't care for what she looks like, not that she is ugly but the other way around. She is so natural... and intriguing.

We spent our lunch together, joking around and gossiping like what usual teenagers do. We talked about our places too, I've learned that Celine's parents disapproved of her living her in the city and because she always had meetings at their church. A religious one, huh.

Oh! Did I mention that I sat facing Celine and I caught her looking at me more than once? Did I make her uncomfortable? Because I am.

- - - - -

Months have passed. My academic standing is better and I gain more friends. Heck, I socialize more as much as I can because that is a basic human need. No man can stand alone.. Socializing helps us learn how to communicate with other people and to have knowledge and how other people expect us to behave in variety of social setting. Socialization is essential for the survival and stability of society, am I not correct with that? It helps uphold societies and cultures; it is also a key part of individual development isn't it correct? Besides, I can't go out with my books and I can't gossip with my papers so might as well be friends with everyone.

After that lunch, we always joined them for 3 months now. More like our circle of friends got bigger.