Four

It's Sunday night and I am cramming to do my entire home works and outputs to be submitted tomorrow, I have the whole weekend to do so, but sleeping is more fun. Besides, research found that sleeping helps our brain to function well, it has been linked to concentration, productivity and cognition. You got to relax all your muscles for the whole week of stress. It is also connected to how we develop emotional and social intelligence, someone who does not get adequate sleep is more likely to have issues with recognizing other people's emotions and expressions which can lead to arguments or yeah.. ugh I am just justifying why I need sleep. No choice. I got to work.

After I've done my work and found that it is still too early to sleep, 11 pm. I visited my social media accounts just scrolling to feeds finding something worth my eyes.

I almost jumped out when a video played. It was Celine's video, singing.

**California King Bed by Rihanna...**

Chest to chest

Nose to nose

Palm to palm

We were always just that close

Wrist to wrist

Toe to toe

Lips that felt just like the inside of a rose

So how come when I reach out my fingers

It feels like more than distance between us

In this California king bed

We're 10, 000 miles apart

I've been California wishing on these stars

For your heart for me

My California king

Eye to eye

Cheek to cheek

Side by side

You were sleeping next to me

Arm in arm

Dusk to dawn

With the curtains drawn

And a little last night on these sheets

So how come when I reach out my fingers

It seems like more than distance between us

In this California king bed

We're 10, 000 miles apart

I've been California wishing on these stars

For your heart for me

My California king

Just when I felt like giving up on us

You turned around and gave me one last touch

That made everything feel better

And even then my eyes got wetter

So confused wanna ask you if you love me

But I don't wanna seem so weak

Maybe I've been California dreaming, eh, eh, eh

In this California king bed

We're 10, 000 miles apart

I've been California wishing on these stars

For your heart for me

My California king

My California king

In this California king bed

We're 10, 000 miles apart

I've been California wishing on these stars

For your heart for me

My California king...

I zoned out, this was the first time I hear her sing and her voice makes me so calm. It's as if something was pulling me more into that voice. Is falling for someone's voice a real thing? I guess not. The voice I wanted to scream my name. fck that thought.

I wake up the next morning and get ready for school. I fall asleep listening to Celine's voice, and today I felt ecstatic to start my day.

- - -

As I climbed up the stairs through our room, I heard giggles and basically gossiping girls. Ugh. Too early. I made my way silently hoping they would not notice me but a voice stopped me.

"Max! Good morning!" Jane smiled and the rest of their group greeted as well. I saw Celine from the corner of my eye and I absentmindedly check my watch 6:56 am. And as if Annie knows this, she spoke...

"Celine's early now. We know max, we know" they all laughed making Celine slap Annie's shoulder.

"y-yeah. That's nice. You'll not miss some lessons anymore" I smiled referring to the lessons she'd missed because of her lates. But there is this little voice in me saying how pretty she is today.

"I just moved in. my apartment is 10 minute-walk to school now" she replied coyly

"I wonder what makes you moved in" Sarah said

"..or whooo" Annie smiled knowingly looking at me as if I have to do with it and again she gained a slap from Celine. We all laugh at how Annie and Celine bickered like cats and dogs.

"mind if we get inside now?" looking through my watch saying it's time for us to get in

They all nodded and we walked through the hallways altogether.

- - - -

The class gives us all headaches considering it was just Monday to start with. With all the projects and pressures that demands students to excel. I think every student needs certain motivation but not always just excel but also to learn and have fun while studying, how can students learn if people kept on giving expectations and put them down when those expectations were not meet.

Anyway, Gideon and I decided to go to the cafeteria to buy some drinks.

"One lemonade please" he shoots me a questioning look and I immediately answered him "and iced coffee" then gave our money to the cashier.

We are waiting for our drinks when I saw Celine and some girls walking, seeing her from the back I noticed how sexy her butt moves as she walks and hot long and slim were her legs but then, I overheard two girls passing by. That's my super powers.

"you knew Celine?" my ears ticked when I heard Celine's name, as the girl with a red hair ask the other girl who seemed to look at Celine and her friends. She looked at Celine with an intent.

"I liked her a lot but, she just broke my heart"

That's the last thing I heard before the bell rang indicating that our break was over and we just gotten our drinks. I have somewhat had an idea of what was happening but I doubt it.

"Let's go" Gideon grab my hand and we head out the cafeteria.

The whole time my attention was not in the discussion but with what I had overheard. Broke her heart? Is she Celine's ex or something? Does Celine know her? and lastly... is Celine into GIRLS!??

I don't know why but somehow I feel a little pain in my chest thinking she could be Celine's ex yet a tingling sensation knowing Celine's into girls. Why?

____

Keep safe, always!