Five

I am currently in our English Lit class. "Since this is literature, I want you to tell my a quote and briefly explain it or share something you want from that quote." Our teacher asked. Plenty of hands rose up and he started calling each. Gideon answered first.

"My favorite quote is from Mahatma Gandhi, he says "You must be the change you wish to see the world." This means that we must lead by example and make the necessary improvements to make the world a more beautiful place. To put it another way, if we want to see a shift in a place, we should start with ourselves. When we want others to follow a good habit and we insist on it, first of all we should follow that habit. If we are not perfect enough to insist on a change, the person on the opposite side will not listen to us. A teacher can bring in a good academic score in all students only when she teaches well. Only when we are brave enough to bring about a change in what we believe, others will believe." Gideon further explained, leaving everyone in their thoughts.

"Wonderful! I like the quote and your insight. How about you, Thea?"

"Mine goes this way, maam. "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved" a quote by George Sand. It simply means that everyone needs to be happy, love, and be loved, regardless of gender or social status, face, body sizes or shapes. To truly "love", one must exercise the right emotional feelings so as to engage the right doings. To love is a lot more than just how I "feel", it must also have the right doings to complete it. Never the less, this is a very short life and any one of us can be taken out of it without notice. "Happiness", can fade rather quickly as we expel our last breath." Thea smiled looking at us, she seemed reminiscing something, then she continued, "the feeling of loving someone is so good, I can't even explain. the feeling of smiling whenever that person comes to your mind. Loving someone is the biggest gift you give to yourself and being loved? It is an out of the world experience! The way the other person cares about you, the way the person looks out for you, the way they cry when you do, the way you share every bad and good. That is happiness to love and be loved." She ended her explanation with a smile.

"You seemed in love Thea. Thank you for that" our teacher looks for another student to share some stupid quote but was interrupted by the bell. Thank god.

My mind still wondered on what I overheard the last day. I knew many people who are gay but why does it intrigue me knowing that Celine may be into girls.

I was pulled from my thoughts when the chair next to me move and someone sit on it. Looking up, I see Celine sitting in the seat and giving me a small smile.

Before I could ask any questions, I've noticed that all our classmates were grouped into two.

"We're partners for this report" she said and smiled at me one more time. Our teacher gives us a piece of paper on what we will be working on next week. Celine had the paper and I instinctively moved my chair closer to her. And only for a moment, her hand graze mine sending electric currents through my body. Seeing her flinched makes me think she felt it too.

There is an awkward silence between us. We focus both on the instruction of our teacher of when and how to do our reports and that our seating arrangement will remain by the end of the year... Oh crap!

I looked over my shoulder to see her and was caught off guard when I caught her looking at me. We both laughed awkwardly, yes, it is indeed awkward.

But being brave, I started the talk.

"So.." I trailed off, wow that's being brave Max huh. "..will we do this in the library after class or.."

She finished my sentence by saying...

"I hate libraries, can we do this at my place? I mean, it's a ten minute-walk from here. Is your place nearby?" She asked

"no, your place would be great." I smiled and focused my attention at the front

School finished at five in the afternoon but i still have something to do at my club so I told her to just wait for me and she agreed.

"will wait for your downstairs, yeah?" she asked while fixing her things on her pink backpack

"yes, be there in 30"

After 30 or 40 minutes I spotted her to engrossed playing something on her phone.

"boo!!"

"aah!!" she squealed "you btch!! I almost had a heart attack!" she said holding her chest

"I'm sorry" I began laughing "but you should see your face" I still laugh while she just glared at me.

She walked past me rapidly and I run after her, worrying I may offend her or what.

"heyyy! I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" I stopped when I almost bumped at her. She stop by a food cart, I did not notice we were out of the campus already.

"Buy me 5 squid balls and a chocolate drink" she ordered with a pout. How adorable. She was pointing on the food cart that were full of different finger foods, there were many choices of food and it seems delicious too.

"but--" I didn't finish my sentence anymore when she pouts at me once again while holding my hand, there's that electric current again. I can feel it tingling from my fingers travelling to my whole body. I instantly pull my hand off of her grasp and just nodded.

"yesss!" She fists bump in the air and jump gullibly

We arrived at her apartment the moment we finished our food. The cool wind of September makes me nostalgic. I looked at her while she's busy finding her key, the blows a little of her hair but she still looks beautiful. I can smell her lavender scent and it make me want to hug her, I can find calmness just by her scent.

"hey, get in" She said leading me to her room

The place is quite big for one person. The walls are painted white and other things are mostly in black. A mixture of white and black will you see as an overall of the place. I did not expect her room to be this... clean. Not that I judge her but seeing her being so carefree at school makes me think she's the type of girl who messes with everything on earth.

After an hour and a half of brainstorming and weighing everything for our report, we had come out with a plan and sort things out already. We will just start then will finish it off, everything was all set. We talked about certain things too not only our projects. We both are into politics, and art but she's more into music and science. I on the other hand is more on poetry. And i am quite amused on her way of thinking. She seemed to know what she's doing. She may not seem to boastful of her intelligence but damn, this girl has a brilliant mind and its a major turn on for me. Intelligence is sexy.

We were on our way outside; it was already eight in the evening and I decided to go home. We exchanged our goodbyes but I was startled when she hugged me, her scent lingers through my nostrils giving me that calmness once again all the stress and exhaustion I've been feeling the whole day disappear just like that.

"Take care Max. See you tomorrow." she said giving me a smile.

There is something in her that makes me do things I've never done before and it scares me much as it excites me. and I don't know why.

------

A/N: 

Had time to edit some details. :))