Nine

I woke up to my phone's alarm, sleepily shutting it off. It was 6 in the morning and seeing the walls of the room, I recognized that the room wasn't mine then I remembered that I stayed at Celine's. I looked at my right side as I felt movements then there, I say Celine snoring softly, her arms under her head and her hair is everywhere but her face. She's so cute and her scent lingered through my nose making me want to nuzzle my head on her neck.

"Morning" she said still half asleep, I smile at her lovely she is.

"morning.. what time we'll gonna be at school?" I asked her as I stretched my body

"9..ish i think. I'm still sleepy though. Are you feeling okay now?"

"then sleep, I'm better now. Thank you. mind if I rummage your kitchen?"

"no. Do whatever you want Max just don't burn down my apartment"

I giggled at what she said and pinched her cheeks side by side. "ouch" she said pouting as she pulls away from my grip, but I stayed still causing me to fall on top on her. Our face were inches apart. I can feel her breathe on my face, which smelt so good for a morning breathe. She pouts and I can feel my face heat up because of our position and the face she's giving me.

"j..just get some m..more sleep" I said moving away from her and walking out the door to her kitchen.

Her kitchen was just a meter away from her living room. As I searched for food, I found three eggs, bacon and bread. After preparing our breakfast, I also prepare coffee because I can't go on a day without caffeine in my body, it is the only legal drug I can have.

"Here, you can borrow my clothes since you don't have any" Celine said as she leaned in the door frame of the kitchen showing me a pair of pants and shirt.

"thank you.. and I prepare breakfast, let's eat" I said as I watched how her eyes glow from the food. She is wearing a black skinny jean and a crop top, match with her black vans shoes. She looks simple yet strikingly beautiful.

"a..ahm, you gonna eat?" she asked probably seeing me checked her out

I nodded and we ate in silence, a comfortable silence. "Tell me more about you Max. What are your hobbies?" Celine asked curiously.

"Well for starters, I love listening to music yet I am not a good singer. I just really love accompanying myself with any songs I can hear. What I really love is poetry." I replied enthusiastically.

"Why do you love poetry?"

"There are many reasons to love poetry I guess. For me, poetry is a unique language that combines and uses words to convey meaning and communicate ideas, feelings, sounds, gestures, signs, and symbols. It's like the literal meaning of poetry, but making poems and related writings give me a sense of comfort. That is where I can let out what I feel and what I want to feel."

"Ahuh"

"The reality of poetry is often encompassed in mystery. Because poetry is often wrapped in mystery, its language seems very spiritual at times, and the human experience of it is like deep speaking to deep. Words themselves often mean something very different from what they say, like there is something more than that. Poetry can affect all generations, and make people consider anything from love to loss, indeed poetry does what little else can, it can inspire. The poet speaks to the reader intimately and exclusively giving you an insight into the inner workings of their minds, their ideas, their loves and hates, I guess" I tell her, she was looking at me listening to every word I say. "How about you, Celine?"

"Well, I like singing; I compose songs when I'm bored too. I like music in general. I love music because it is the universal language. My family is musical and I grew up with music in my home. My father played many instruments publicly and my mother was a singer. I also sing at church a long time ago but I kinda quit now because of our schedule." She said