Chapter 4

November 22nd 1963
Love Field

Air Force One had took off from Fort Worth and was now skidding along the runway in Dallas. When it hauled to a stop, Jack unbuckled his seatbelt before helping his wife out of her chair. She rubbed her stomach. "I just can't wait for this baby" Jackie smiled before Jack took her hand. They stood waiting to leave before the door opened. 

The Kennedys hands stuck together before they stepped out into the Dallas crowd. Surprisingly the sky was displaying the sun. Even though they didn't want to, the Kennedys hands slid apart, as they came into the public eye. 

Jackie stepped onto the tarmac first, accepting a bouquet of red roses. Jack followed and they greeted the line of Senators and statesmen who were there to greet them. And after a short trip to the ropeline, Jack and Jackie headed towards the Presidential limosuine. 

Jack managed to find his wife's hand again and she smiled as they headed to the car, their hands entwined. 

In the back seat, Jackie sat the flowers in between her and her husband. After a couple of minutes, the car began to move. Jackie placed her right hand on the flowers before she noticed her husband resting his hand on hers. Before long, their hands had resumed their last position of being joined. 

The Presidential motorcade headed along the streets of downtown Dallas, the President and First Lady waving to the enormous crowds that had gathered to welcome them. 

"Look" Jackie laughed as she pointed at a sign. It said in bold red letters: Howdy!. Jack laughed before the car continued to move. 

The motorcade made the expected turn onto Elm Street. Jackie saw a tunnel up ahead. "Thank God. There will be some shelter when we go underneath" Jackie said to her husband before she turned to her left. 

Suddenly, out of the blue, there was a loud bang.