Chapter 16

January 10th 1964

1007 W Braddock Rd

Jackie looked at the boxes piled around Clint's house. She was due to be moving to New York in the morning. Her and Nancy had found her an apartment on the 15th floor of 1040 Fifth Avenue. There was plenty of space for her and the children and the coming baby. 

She and Clint sat on the sofa, Clint drinking some beer and Jackie a cup of tea because of her pregnancy. They couldn't be happier. 

To further their relationship, Clint would be moving to New York but not for another several months, giving him time to sell his house and pack his things. He had accepted a job Jackie had managed to get for him at the Bank of America and she had accepted a job at Doubleday as a senior editor. 

"How long will it be before you move?" Jackie asked Clint. He shook his head. "I don't know. Four months at the latest". 

Jackie understood. "I'll be settled and ready when you arrive" Jackie giggled in her whispery voice. Clint laughed before pulling her in for a hug. Lately, since she had been visiting Jack's grave, whenever she saw Patrick's it reminded her of something. A promise. 

"Clint. The baby that Jack and I are having. Do you think they'd let me have it at Otis? Where Patrick was born?" Jackie asked. Clint didn't know. 

"I promised Jack that I'd have our next baby there" Jackie explained. "Well, unless we don't marry for another couple of years then I think they'll allow it" Clint joked. Jackie laughed before memories came flooding back. 

The name 'Otis' sounded haunting to her. She and Jack lost their beautiful baby Patrick there. Then Jackie had the rug pulled right out when Jack was innocently taken from her. In her mind, the only thing she could think was: "I can't lose this baby".