Chapter 15

December 28th

Arlington Cemetery

After lunch, Jackie decided to take a different route home. Her car pulled up through the gates of the cemetery before she walked to her husband's grave. 

Jackie smiled as she saw the flame burning away. She got down and sat on the ground. She smiled. 

"Hello bunny" Jackie whispered. Her heart stopped as she said those words. There was no way she could give Clint a nickname, she loved him but not as much as the late President. 

"Well, I guess I'll be moving to New York" Jackie said, beginning to feel guilty. She shook her head. "But no! I will visit her God knows how many times for the rest of my life, which I hope won't be that much longer. Just long enough to have our baby and make sure, they have a good and secure upbringing". 

Jackie rubbed her baby bump. "I'm going for my first scan in a couple of weeks. But you'll still be here to see it. I know you will" Jackie said, slightly filling up with tears. 

She wiped them away before touching the plaque bearing her husband's name. "Oh Jack" Jackie quietly sobbed. She kissed her fingertips before running them over the plaque. "I miss you. You were the love of my life and I can't wait until it's my time to join you. And even though, I will never stop missing you, I don't want my life to end far to early. Like yours". 

There was silence. She turned around and looked down the Mall in Washington. She saw the memorials and the city that they owned. 

"Look Jack" Jackie pointed. It was as if, he was alive and was seated next to her. "That's where we ruled. You were the King, I was the Queen" Jackie smiled as she said this. 

"It was were you became the man". Jackie looked out onto Washington. To her, it was the President's town.