Chapter 34

August 5th

Jackie sat in the private suit at Logan Airport ready for their departure. Eventually, the Caroline plane touched down on the runway, after it's flight from Palm Beach. They waited for it to be fulled before heading out. 

Much to Jackie's disappointment, the Press were pushing the baracades to get pictures of her and the baby. But she used her wellknown composure and ignored them all. Clint however decided to the same, even though he was the agent responsible for her protection. When they got aboard, Jackie held the baby in her arms the entire flight. 

"Clint, are Caroline and John back in New York?" Jackie asked frantically, as they waited for takeoff. Clint nodded. "They are at the apartment, Lee is waiting with them" Clint explained. She smiled, one reason he was a good partner at this stage in her life, was as a internationally watched woman who was on her own; she needed someone to keep her life organised and keep her and her children safe. 

The door to the plane was closed before Jackie opened one of the window blinds on the plane. The Press broke through the barricades and the police were chasing them. She panicked. "Hurry up and get this plane off the ground before the Press storm us!" Jackie shouted, hoping someone would hear her. 

She picked up her baby and held her close to her. As the police fought the Press outside, Jackie sang to her baby. Eventually the plane began to move and Jackie kept on singing quietly until they were in the air.