Chapter 32

August 3rd

Massachusetts General Hospital

Clint sat inside Jackie's bedroom. She was in downstairs in another part of the hospital, in the middle of labour. Clint was praying. Childbirth was such a tense experience, but for this baby it was the most terrifying. He knew how much Jackie wanted this baby to be alright. She wouldn't be able to take it any longer if she lost this baby less than a year of losing Patrick and the love of her life. 

Clint took a deep breath and he looked at the clock. It read: 1:58am. Jackie had been in labour for hours. That didn't exactly take away any of his nerves. 

He didn't know why he was trembling. It wasn't even his child. He was worried about Jackie and the baby's health. 

When he found out that Jackie was having this baby, he would never have thought that at the same time, he'd be in hospital as her new companion. 

A large section of one of the top floors had been closed off as a private floor for Jackie. Clint was terrified once again. His nerves built up until the door into Jackie's private room burst open. 

The nurse that had shown Jackie to her room: Lorna Nelson stood in the doorway. Clint stood up. 

"How is Mrs Kennedy?" Clint asked. Lorna clasped her hands together. 

"Mrs Kennedy is fine. I have came to up to tell you that she is out of labour" Lorna explained. Clint was overwhelmed. 

"Mr Hill. Mrs Kennedy was delivered of a baby girl" Lorna made the announcement to Clint. He sighed before falling back into his seat. "Is the baby okay?" He immediately asked. The nurse nodded explaining the baby's extremely positive health condition. 

All Clint had to do, was wait for Jackie to return with the new Kennedy.