Chapter 24

30th May 1964

545 Scudder Avenue

Hyannis Port

Mr Louis Thun opened up his front door of his large home. "Hello?" He said as he opened the door. He gasped. 

In front of him stood Jackie. In a black suit and some sunglasses. "Mrs Kennedy?" He asked peering at her. She nodded. "Mr Thun. Would you mind if I spoke with you?" Jackie asked. Louis stood aside and showed Jackie into his house. 

Together they took a seat in the living room and they discussed the matter that was on Jackie's mind. "What can I do for you Mrs Kennedy?" Louis asked. Jackie sighed taking off her now signature shades. "Mr Thun, I understand that my husband and I rented your property at 149 Island Avenue on Squaw Island. Brambletyde?" Jackie said. 

Louis nodded. "You did, I still have the rental papers upstairs". He tried not to smile. It came to him that it was one of the last places that Jackie had stayed with the late President. 

"Well..." Jackie hesitated, trying to hold back some tears. "Would you mind selling it?". Louis froze. No one had ever asked him such a question before. "Why do you ask Mrs Kennedy?". 

Jackie explained what she had thought. Not only would it provide her privacy, but it had memories of her and Jack's final months. Louis hesitated. "How much would you be willing to pay?" Louis asked. 

Jackie sighed quietly. "Anything" she looked into his eyes. Thinking of going back made her eyes fill up with tears. Louis nodded. "Well... I would be willing. But only because of your reasons behind it" Louis stated. Jackie's heart began to fill up with joy. She would going back to the house that she and Jack shared together for their final months. 

And she was looking forward to it.