Chapter 36

September 1st

1040 Fifth Avenue

"Lee?" Jackie called, as her sister entered her apartment. "It's just me!" her sibling replied. Jackie put down the Jack Kerouac book she was re-reading and greeted her sister in her library. "Lee" Jackie sighed as she embraced the most trusted woman she knew. "Jackie" Lee replied, before taking a seat next to her sister. 

"What is it? You sounded quite frantic on the phone" Lee asked. Jackie sighed. "Lee, I was wondering if you'd leave New York and come somewhere with me for a couple of days" Jackie said. 

Lee was worried. "Jackie? Why?". 

Jackie began to explain her plan to her sister. "Lee, I want to go to Washington. And only for a reason. I plan on taking baby Ciara with me. I want to take her to Jack's grave and she can meet her daddy" Jackie explained. 

Lee didn't know what to say. She had never heard of her sister doing something so moving her whole life. "But Jackie.." Lee started, pausing. "Ciara is only a baby. How will she?.." Lee didn't know how to respond. Jackie silenced her. "Lee, when she gets to a reasonable age, I will take Ciara back once again. She'll understand then". 

Lee nodded. "Where will we stay?" Lee asked. Jackie explained how she had arranged to stay with their mother at Merrywood from September 2nd until September 5th. Lee understood. "I'll tell Stash to stay at the apartment. Is Clint staying here?" Lee asked. Jackie nodded. 

Jackie hid it well but her eyes became filled with tears, the more she talked about it. But she knew she was doing the right thing.