Chapter 17

January 12th 

1040 Fifth Avenue

Caroline and John sat unloading things in their room as Jackie unpacked clothes into her walk-in-wardrobe. She turned around and looked at her bedroom. The jardin de tuilleries wallpaper looked gorgeous, just as it was in the Harriman house, that she lived in for several days. 

She requested a bed like what Clint had. It was a four-poster bed with no canopy. To keep it like what she knew, she requested it be made from the same wood as Jack's Oval Office desk. Jackie had cream sheets and bedding put on it and her room looked beautiful. A small desk, Louis XVI armchairs, a windowseat and an on-joining dressing room. 

It resembled her bedroom from the White House. Everything was wonderful except the absense of her husband. 

Jackie sighed, small tears rolling out of her eyes before she bends down and opens up a large peach hatbox. Inside sat five items: her pink pillbox hat, her blood stained gloves, the box containing her engagement ring, the tie Jack wore to Dallas (which Jackie had, had specially cleaned) and a large framed photograph of herself and Jack, taken on the Truman Balcony, only several days before they went to Dallas. 

Jackie looked at it smiling before kissing the frame. "I love you Jack" she smiled, sliding the frame back into the box. Tucking it into the bundle of items in the white, crepe tissue. 

Jackie then took the box and sat it on the floor in her wardrobe. "I guess Jack will forever be here and no one will know" she smiled. Knowing that there was items that reminded her greatly of her husband, were there.