Chapter 10

December 6th

3038 N Street

Jackie sat on the sofa. She had spent the day unpacking boxes and getting her things into shape. She had no clue what time it was, and she didn't care. To her, it was maybe midnight. Jackie just felt alone. This house was loaned to her by the Harrimans. It didn't feel like a home.

Jackie didn't care about what time it was. She picked up the phone and called for a car. As she put on her coat, she headed upstairs and looked into the bedrooms. The children were fast asleep as was Mrs Shaw. Jackie knew she could go out. 

When the car pulled up, Jackie locked the door, rushed down the path and jumped in the back seat. "Take me to 1007 West Braddock Road. In Alexandria, Virginia" Jackie told the driver. The car pulled away from the house before they were set off for Jackie's destination. "And make sure, to not pass the White House" Jackie reminded the driver. He understood. 

1007 W Braddock Road

When the car pulled up, Jackie got out before setting off up the steps. She knocked on the door. She saw a light on upstairs so she knew they would be awake. 

It was maybe two minutes before the door opened. "Jackie?" Clint asked. 

She nodded. "It's nearly one in the morning" Clint told her. Jackie sighed, "Please can I come in?". Clint immediately agreed before standing aside and letting the former First Lady step inside. 

Clint took Jackie's coat before showing her into the living room. She took a seat on the sofa and he joined her. Sipping some tea they talked about what had happened in the past 24 hours. 

"How's the new place?" Clint asked. Jackie shrugged. "I don't like it. I'm not sure if the kids do either" Jackie laughed. Clint smiled before taking Jackie's hand. She didn't flinch. She had already kissed Clint, so she didn't mind. 

"You know if you want, you and the kids could stay here. If you don't like the new place" Clint suggested. Jackie was shocked. "But your wife and kids. I don't think they'd want an ex First Lady and her entourage staying in their home" Jackie exclaimed. Clint sighed. 

"Ah. Well you see, Gwen and I have seperated" Clint explained. Jackie frowned. "Oh Clint I'm so sorry". Clint shrugged. He said it was okay. 

"She's taken the children to stay in Chicago. She's got a job there now. I'm going to visit them hopefully soon" Clint explained the situation he was in. Jackie embraced him. "Well, if you don't mind I would move in" Jackie said. Clint smiled before pecking a kiss off her lips. 

Jackie double blinked before giggling. "I'll tell the kids in the morning" Jackie explained. Clint smiled before taking Jackie's hand. He got slightly nervous when she hesitated before resting her head on his shoulder. But he didn't mind. He was sworn to protect her. And now that she was Washington's new tourist attraction, that's what he would do.