Chapter 23

May 29th

Jackie's house, Kennedy Compound

Jackie woke up to find Clint fast asleep. She quietly got dressed into a black suit and she sneaked downstairs, trying not to wake anyone. She scribbled a note down and left it in the living room for Clint.

Clint, I've went for a stroll. I need to spend some time with my wonderful memories.

Jackie~

She finished scribbling the little line next to her name before she headed out. She had no idea what time it was. But all she knew was that it was Jack's birthday. The sun was slowly beginning to come out. As Jackie walked further towards the beach, there came a gentle breeze. The weather was what Jack loved. He loved the sun, as did everyone and the wind for sailing. 

Jackie walked out onto the green lawn in front of the main house. She sniffed, as gentle tears fell down her face. 

She had put on appropriate shoes to go for a walk on the beach in. As she walked along staring out into the bay, memories came flooding back. 

Memories she had of Jack, the summers they had shared in Hyannis Port. The thought of renting Brambletyde came back. Maybe, she could build her own house on Squaw Island. Except, it would have no memories of Jack. 

She could maybe ask the landlord if he'd sell and she would maybe live there. But what about their Hyannis memories? Everything was so confusing. 

Jackie walked along the beach, all of the memories she had of Jack. His presidency, the campaign. everything. Even down to one of their special dates in the early stages of their courtship. 

Jackie stopped and looked out at sea. "Happy birthday Jack. I love you" Jackie smiled as she let out a few tears of happiness. She blew a kiss out to the sea. As she knew that the ocean was where Jack's heart belonged. Sailing was his passion and she knew it. "I miss you my love" Jackie whispered. "I miss you".