Chapter 38

September 3rd

Arlington Cemetery

Jackie stood near her husband's grave with Lee. Jackie draped in a black suit, held her baby daughter, wrapped away in a white blanket. They stood at the oval memorial section, which had been newly added. It displayed a verse of JFK's inaugural address spread around the oval. Then there was the steps leading up to the gravesite. 

Jackie and Lee stood at the steps leading up to the oval. Jackie stopped her sister from going any further. "I need to do this alone" Jackie whispered turning to her sister. Lee nodded. "Of course, I'll go a short walk. And leave you at peace" Lee weakly smiled. Jackie nodded before Lee watched her sister head up to her husband's grave. 

When she reached the eternal flame, Jackie got down on her knees and looked at the plaque bearing her husband's name. "Jack, meet your new baby daughter" Jackie smiled ear to ear. She looked down at her sleeping little girl. "Ciara, this is your father". Jackie tilted her slightly, before baby Ciara opened her eyes and looked in the direction of her father's grave. 

 "Even though Jack, she'll never physically meet you, Ciara will always have you in her heart. And I'll make sure that she never forgets how wonderful a man you were. As a President, as a husband and most of all, a father" Jackie smiled as she spoke to the grave. 

Jackie then leaned forward and took baby Ciara's hand. She leaned forward even more and let the hand touch the plaque. A small handprint smeared onto the plaque before Jackie placed a lip mark on it as she kissed the plaque. 

She let a few tears fall before quietly sobbing. "I love you Jack" Jackie sobbed. She looked down upon baby Ciara. The baby was fast asleep. Jackie placed her hand on the ground, just in front of the plaque. "Goodbye for now my love" Jackie whispered before getting to her feet. 

As she walked away from the grave, she grinned. She had achieved what she wanted and had introduced Ciara with her father.