Chapter 29

July 28th

1040 Fifth Avenue

"Happy birthday mummy" Caroline and John smiled as they presented their gifts to their mother. Clint had already given his. He had headed out to work, promising to return just after lunchtime.

After she unwrapped them, Jackie grinned. "Children they are gorgeous. I couldn't be happier with them" Jackie smiled as she embraced them. "Mummy, it's hard to believe the baby could be here this time next month" John giggled. 

Jackie laughed and grinned. She rubbed her massive stomach. "Yes. I can't wait" Jackie smiled. Her bump was massive. It was her glory. However it saddened her, as Jack wasn't here to comment on the weight she had put on over the space of 8 months. 

"I just wish your daddy was here to enjoy all of the excitement" Jackie sighed. Caroline took her hand. "Well you told me that the baby was going to be born in Boston like daddy. That will make daddy closer to the baby" Caroline said to her mother. 

Jackie gingerly smiled before pulling her daughter in for a hug. "Oh! I have some news. Daddy's old friend Barney Ross has agreed to let me have an apartment he's renting out near the hospital. Just until the baby is born. While I'm in hospital, Clint will take our stuff back to New York" Jackie explained. 

John grinned. "I can't wait to go to Boston" he smirked jumping out next to his mother. Jackie put her arms around her children and kissed both of their heads. 

"You and the baby are the most beautiful things in our world" Jackie whispered to them. The children smiled before embracing their mother.