Chapter 40

Years later..

Heaven

Ciara stood in the white abyss of Heaven. She stood in a white dress and looked around. She was alone. She felt her face. It was different. She was no longer the old age she was when she had passed away surrounded by her family, she was in her late teenage years / early twenties. She was unsure. 

"So this is death" Ciara said as she looked around. She walked forward several paces. Soon the Pearl Gates and St Peter appeared. "Ciara Kennedy Bettenhausen" St Peter's voice boomed. Soon the gates into eternal life opened and Ciara treaded forward into her new life. 

All around her were green hills, flowing rivers, a sapphire blue sky. Ciara was unsure, she didn't know where to go first. Then an angel appeared to her. "Ciara Kenedy Bettenhausen" The angel spoke to her gently. Ciara nodded shaken. "You have a request. Please follow me" The angel smiled. Ciara did as she was told and followed the angel. 

She arrived at a large mansion. It was built like Hammersmith Farm. There was many acres and then a water front and beach at the foot of the large lawn at the rear of the house. However the mansion looked like the picture of Merrywood she had been shown by her mother. 

"Why am I here?" Ciara asked, turning to speak to the angel. However, it had vanished. Ciara looked around. 

She walked over the gravel driveway and opened the large door. The house was very impressive inside. Ciara stood and closed the door, looking around the house. "Hello?" Ciara asked. 

She then heard: "Ciara!". Once again she jumped before she heard footsteps above her. Suddenly Caroline appeared at the top of the stairs. "Ciara!" Caroline cried. 

Ciara gasped before smiling up at her sister, who looked like the age of 21 again. "You're here!". The sisters ran and embraced in the middle of the staircase. "Is it really you?" Ciara asked. Caroline nodded. Suddenly, a very young John appeared and ran for his sister. 

"I can't believe you're both here. I missed you so much" Ciara cried slightly. Caroline and John laughed before embracing their sister. They all stood in a tight hug before they all heard. "What's all of the commosion?". 

The trio broke apart before Ciara saw her mother standing at the foot of the stairs. She grinned up at her youngest daughter. "Mother" Ciara gasped before Jackie nodded. Ciara grinned from ear to ear before dashing down the stairs to see her mother. They both collided and fell into a deep embrace, as Ciara let out a tear. 

"I missed you so much!" Ciara sobbed. Jackie rubbed her back. "Hey, it's okay" she whispered. "I know. It feels like forever". Her daughter nodded before they broke apart. The mother stood with her children before Ciara looked around. 

"Mum? Where's dad?".