Pie in The Room

I'm convinced that I'm not overdressed.

Just a black t-shirt with jeans paired with my regular shoes can't be deemed as overdressed right?

Yet when I pass the living room to get the apple pie I had bought, Mom looks up from her phone and asks where I'm going to.

"I'm visiting a friend."

I get the pie out as quickly as I can then put it into the black plastic bag I've prepared. I hope to God no one sees that I'm bringing a pie with me. The sight will invoke more questions for sure.

"Oh, careful then hon. Don't go home too late."

"Unless that boy is dropping you off." gran pipes in then snickers.

I sneak out of the kitchen, then out of the living room where they're at as fast as I can.

"Okay, bye!"

Then I'm out. Finally.

Bringing a pie and two books, I head towards the bookstore.

Linda waves from behind the cash register as I stand in front of the store's window. I wave back and she asks where I'm heading. When I mouth 'Jo', she nods with a satisfied smile.

"There you are." I turn around then see Jo on his bike. He raises a brow after noticing the black plastic bag that occupies both of my hands.

"For you," I offer to him, "Hope you like it."

He grows an amused smile, "Thanks. But I hope you don't mind carrying them for a while. My hands are full right now."

"Of course, dummy," I roll my eyes and get on his bike, "Don't go too quickly. I can't hold onto you."

He laughs but obliges anyway.

The ride there is relatively much slower than the two before. I don't mind because I'd rather not fall off his bike while holding a pie.

"You weren't lying about the test didn't you?"

"What if I did?"

"Sasha..."

"I swear I've studied for it yesterday. You don't have to tutor me this time."

"Why do you want to meet Harry so badly?"

"The poor guy needs some new books so I'm bringing him some."

"How much are the books?"

"I'm paying for it."

"No, I'm paying for it. I'm his big brother. Now, how much?"

"I'm your friend and I want to gift him something. So no."

He still refuses to let me pay for the books even until he parks his bike in front of a tiny store on the corner of a street. 

"We're not done yet," he warns while he pushes the door open.

I say nothing in return, instead, I'm taken aback by how small the building is.