The End

-6 years later-

"Shit."

I can feel my fingers trembling at the horrific sight in front of me. The presentation I've worked on last night is nowhere to be found. The meeting as in an hour and if the boss knows I've lost it...

My breath hitches at the thought and I eject the flashdisk with slightly trembling hands. I inspect the tiny black device, noticing my initial isn't on it. I must've grabbed the wrong one.

I groan upon realizing my mistake.

Great, now I'm officially putting Quin's job in danger too. I can only wish my roommate doesn't need it as much as I do today.

My eyes glance at the clock one last time before dialing her number. I pester on each beep of the telephone, fully aware my life is depending on the phone call. 

"What's with you this morning?" Skye raises a brow incrediously at me while we're waiting for the light to turn green. The side of the street is packed with people who want to get to the other side, just like us.

The streets are always packed at lunch time as these workers are trying to eat before their break time is up. 

"I brought the wrong flashdisk. Thank God I could retrieve the presentation before the meeting started."

"Phew," she shakes her head, "I'd rather pretend to faint than go to Horan's office."

"I know, right?" I groan, "Mondays are already tough enough."

Skye pats my shoulder before grabbing my arm as we're finally allowed to cross the road.

"What do you wanna eat?"

"I have no idea. Probably salad?"

She laughs, "Again? You've had them thrice last week."

"I don't really know any good food around here. And I'd rather eat my favorites than be disappointed."

Skye is actually my opposite when it comes to approaching food.

Everyone knows having lunch with her means that you'll be dragged to try out new restaurants she's heard on Instagram. And even though her recommendations are reliable, but I don't really like trying out new food. I'd rather not be disappointed by trying unknown food, especially when it's rush hour like this one.

"Alright, alright," she raises her hands in defeat, "I'll just have the fish taco next door."

Then I hear her mumble under her breath, "You and your salad, I swear."

The girl doesn't really like her vegetables. Sure she'd eat the lettuce in her Old Man Joe's burgers, but she constantly avoids salads. 

We've been friends for almost 3 years now, but yet I can't seem to get her to like them. Quite unbelievable, though, especially when I drag her to the salad place three times a week out of the five working days.

But just as I can't get her to tolerate salads, she hasn't been able to make me love exploring food in New York. Guess we're even then.

Skye and I enjoy our lunch at the salad place. Her with the fish taco and me with my basic caesar salad. The salad place isn't as packed as the other food places and food trucks around, and Skye loves to tease me about it.

"You're the only one who eats here," she exclaims after scanning the room, "that often."

"Well at least I don't eat Old Man's burgers five times a week for dinner."