Chapter 1: Quirkless

This is spoken words and narration.

This is thoughts.

Hi there. My name is (Y/N) (L/N). Where I'm from, there are many people with superpowers. 80% of the population have what we call a quirk. If you think this is the story of me becoming the number one hero, then you're wrong. I'm in the minority that doesn't have a quirk. Only people that have superpowers can be superheros. But what about people who don't have powers? There are plenty of jobs out there that normal people can do. I have one of those jobs. It's not recognized by the government and it's not well known. But I have that job because I don't have a quirk. I'm what's called a Demon Slayer. You don't have to be quirkless to become a Demon Slayer but all of those with quirks would rather become heroes. I don't blame them, I wanted to become a hero before I was told I would never manifest a quirk. It was assumed that demons were wiped out a long time ago by one of my ancestors. But it turned out a single cell of the demon king survived and infected someone, turning them into the new demon king. He's been in hiding for years until 20 years ago. Our job as demon slayers is to kill demons. Demons only come out at night and survive on human flesh and blood. We keep the existence of demons secret to not cause panic. I'm young but I'm one of the most skilled in the Demon Slayer corps. We use what's called Total Concentration Breathing to help us fight demons. Total Concentration Breathing has 14 different variations and I am the only one to have mastered them all. I've been assigned to protect a large city that has countless people in it. It's also home to the greatest hero academy in the world, U.A. high school. Apparently in the entire history of quirks and schools to train people to become heroes, there has never been a single quirkless student. But that's going to change. My master told me that the principal of U.A. contacted him after learning of the existence of demons and said he would allow a demon slayer of our masters choice to join U.A. and the master chose me. I will prove that even without a quirk, I can be a hero as well as a demon slayer. Master said that I need to prepare myself to go to U.A. tomorrow. They sent me my uniform yesterday and will let me use my weapons during tests that require us to use quirks.

(Time skip)

Today we find (Y/N) walking to U.A. high. He's in the standard U.A. uniform with a normal school bag and his bag that holds his main katana, three other katana's, 2 large swords connected by a chain, and a spiked ball connected to an axe also by a chain. It's a mystery how his bag is not damaged. He also wears hanafuda earrings with a red and white flower on them.

When he finally arrives at school, he is greeted by a man who looks like a mouse

When he finally arrives at school, he is greeted by a man who looks like a mouse. He was informed beforehand that this was Principal Nezu. (Y/N) bows in front of him.

Nezu: Please. No need to be so formal. I should tell you, this is the very first day of classes. You will be in class 1-A. We have informed your teachers that you are a Demon Slayer and quirkless but the students don't know. It's up to you if you wish to tell them or not.

(Y/N): What should I do if they ask about my abilities?

Nezu: Your teacher said he would take care of that. You should get going. It's almost time for classes to start.