1:1

ℐ 𝓌𝒾𝓈𝒽 ℐ 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹'𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ𝓉 ℬ𝒶𝓂 𝒷ℯ𝒻ℴ𝓇ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒹𝒾𝒹.

We met the night
the stars fell
into my memory
forever more.

ー・ー

“I wish I could've met Bam before you did.”

A stray thought managed to sneak its way to the back of Khun Aguero Agnis' usually guarded mind, as he took the last step on the stairway leading towards the top of the Tower.

Those were the last few sincere words he had given Rachel before dedicating himself to his original goal: overthrowing Khun Edahn and become the Khun Family Head, and fulfilling the promise he made with him—  taking Rachel, along with the rest of the team, to the top.

He glanced coldly at the vile woman, whose eyes were completely locked on the sight she calls marvelous. A vast and wider sky, where blinking lights— stars, were scattered aesthetically in different hues as if they're so near, tempting to be touched and yet one could only dream of reaching it. The scene was beautiful, but Khun could not bring himself to appreciate it from the bottom of his heart. Not when it cost him his dearest friend's life.

Why was he even reminiscing this, of all times?

Oh. It's been exactly 500 years marking the death of his best friend, in the hands of Rachel, the girl whom Bam once called family. Five hundred goddamn years, and yet Khun still relives the hurt he felt that day as if it was a distant memory that had just happened yesterday. Revenge was futile, no matter how much he and Rak wanted to skin the blonde alive at that moment. Bam was never coming back, he had to accept it and move on with his long life.

But, everytime he saw Rachel having the time of her life, being treated like a fucking princess and heroine that had saved them from the depths of failure, Khun couldn't help but feel that she doesn't deserve anything she had gotten from the tokens of their hard-earned victories. Not her irregularity, not the friends and teammates Bam treasured, not Poe Bidau Gustang's gifts, and definitely not Bam. And yet, she still had her way.

All because of the fact that they, of the Floor of Test half a millennia ago, knew how much she and her wish meant to Bam. That was how much his death influenced their whole ordeal. Now that she had finally fulfilled her lifelong wish of seeing the stars she so adored, he wondered if she felt that it was all worth it— trading Bam, the boy who shone brighter than any celestial body— for specks of light that might disappear in a blink of an eye.

“It was all for this day,” he heard her whisper under her breath as she looked up with awe. “I deserved this. I have fulfilled my destiny— to be the girl who reached for the stars on top of the tower. The Heavens are indeed fair and just.”

Khun clenched his fists, as he tore his stare away from the despicable woman. How could she feel no remorse?

He felt a familiar hand on his shoulder, which made him flinch lightly, startled by the sudden contact. It was Shibisu, who was now one of the top scouts among the High Rankers in the Tower. The ultimate cannon fodder, and the team's adviser.

“Wish Bam was still here with us, huh?” Shibisu's tone held mirth, but it was gentle and empathetic, like the father figure he was. However, Khun never liked sharing his feelings, no matter how vulnerable he looked like at the moment. The bluenet hardened his gaze before turning to Shibisu.