Chapter 26 - Reunion

Author's POV

Author's POV

The air was thick with tension. Anyone could feel the awkwardness among the newly found brothers. They had so much to talk that the words fell short, their energy fell short. They wanted to speak, apologize, cry, hug, scream and a lot of things at once but it was nearly impossible. So was starting the conversation.
The only sound heard was their breathing, the wind outside and one of the brothers clearing throats now and then.

Yudhishthir looked at his brothers and nodded in their direction. They all nodded back understanding what to do. All the five brothers moved towards the eldest one and bent in front of him touching his feet. The eldest brother gasped at the sight.

"We don't know from where we should start jyesht, for how many things should we apoligize? What should we do to wash away our sins?" Yudhishthir said with a dejected voice.

"We don't have words. The way we treated you, calling you names, misbehaving with you, was way out of line for us. Maybe words are not enough to apologize to you." Sahadev said with teary eyes.

"Considering you as my rival was the biggest mistake of my life and I don't know how will I mend that mistake of mine." Arjun said as a tear escaped his eyes.

"We don't deserve your apology but still we are here, apologizing to you. Please forgive us." Bheem requested.

"Please jyesht, forgive us for our sins and accept your younger brothers. Our past deeds cannot be changed but we will try our best to be the best brothers." Nakul added as his eyes also teared up.

Karna's condition was no less, he felt miserable. They were not the only one to blame, he was to be blamed equally.

"Get up all of you." They listened to their brothers commands.
They stood in front of him with their hands folded and their heads down.

"It was not completely your fault, I was also out of line. I disrespected you equally especially I disrespected Arjun's knowledge and valor. All of us were wrong but the best part is that we know that we were wrong and we all are ready to mend it. The relation between us is new and we will need sometime to be normal. But all of us together can do that." Karna said smiling towards his younger brothers who nodded smiling.

"Jyesht, now that you are here, we all will live together like a family." Arjun said.

"Yes brother, now that you are here, there is one more person who can save me from bhrata Bheem's wrath." Nakul said trying to lighten the atmosphere at which he succeeded as everyone laughed while Bheem scoffed.

"What? What did you just say?" bheem said massaging his knuckles as he moved towards Nakul. Nakul ran away and hid behind Karna as everyone laughed.

"Jyesht, now that you are here, you should be crowned as the Yuvraj and not me. We all should talk to Pitamah and Tatshree about it." Yudhishthir said while Karna's smiled vanished.