Chapter 44 - Seven steps

Author's POV

Author's POV

Flashback continues.

"Mahadev!" A crying mata parvati came towards mahadev who sat on the peak of kailash looking serious.

"What did you do mahadev? Why was my daughter cursed without any fault of hers? Why is my motherhood always at stake?" Mata parvati said as she cried.

"Gauri, you are not only mother to three children but you are a mother to everyone. And right now, your children are in danger." Mahadev stated calmly.

"I don't want to understand anything mahadev. First, Kartikeya was sent away. Then Vinayaka was beheaded. And now worst of all, Vagmi is also going away. And her journey would be the hardest and as a mother, you are asking me to understand." Mata parvati cried as she sat on one of the steps of kailash.

"Maa!" Vagmi called as she looked at her mother smiling.

"Putri!" Mata parvati rushed towards her daughter and embraced her. She didn't know if she'll get a chance in future or not.

"Maa, you told me you performed hard penance for years to get mahadev as your husband. Just imagine, if a human can get mahadev, the almighty as her husband, my journey is much easier. Also, your bhratashree Narayan helped you in your path. I have faith in my devotion towards him and pitashree that they will show me the path too." Vagmi said

Mata parvati just hugged her daughter tight. "I wish that you return victorious my child." She broke the hug and Vagmi moved towards her father.

She joined her hands.

"I'm starting a new and a difficult journey today pitashree. I need your blessings." she said with teary eyes.

"A father's blessings are always there with his children." He said smiling.

"Anything you want to say?" Mahadev asked knowing exactly what was going on in Vagmi's mind.

"I want to meet him before I start my journey pitashree." Mahadev nodded at her.

"Won't you bid us a goodbye?" Vagmi turned around to see her brothers standing there.

"Bhaiya kartikeya, it's good for you that I am going. Now no one will irritate you. And vinayaka bhaiya, now you can have the whole plate of laddoos. No one will be there to take even one of them." She said with teary eyes.

"We don't mind. Irritate us, it's your birth right. And vinayaka, you won't eat any laddoos. We will give all to our Vagmi. You just don't go." Kartikeya said as tears slipped out of his eyes.

"Bhaiya is right. Do whatever you want, we'll not say a word. But please don't leave us alone." Vinayaka said while mata parvati cried looking at her children.