Chapter 72 - A Day to Remember

Author's POV

Author's POV

The couple moved towards the back gates of the palace and Aahana spotted the horse that Nakul gifted her when they recieved the news of the pregnancy.

"Come on, we shall leave now." Yudhishthir said and Aahana looked at him confused.

"What?" He asked.

"Are we going out of the palace that too without any security?" She asked.

"Well, don't you trust me with your safety?" He asked.

"No I do but-" She couldn't complete as he picked her up holding her waist and made her sit on the horse with her both legs on a side.

"Are we taking one horse?" She asked.

"Of course. I can't trust you to ride the horse in this condition." He said as he also hopped up on the horse, behind her.

Their close proximity was making Aahana nervous for some weird reason. She sat quietly as no one spoke a word. After a few minutes, Aahana let her body rest on him as she was tired as hell. He smiled looking at her as she again got comfortable.

Soon they reached the forest of Indraprasth.

"Why are we here?" Aahana asked as it was completely dark. It looked scary more than beautiful.

"It's called surprise for a reason love." He said getting down and then helped her too.

They moved deep inside the forest. Aahana looked around and felt a weird fear creeping in her heart. This place was not really nice for surprise.
She decided to move closer to her husband only to find herself alone in the dark forest. She frantically looked around to find him but she could only see large trees.

She breathed heavily as she clutched her dupatta tightly

"Arya?" She called out but no one answered. She heard weird noises of night insects amd animals, she heard the sounds of hissing of a snake as tears made their way into her eyes.

"Arya, where are you?" She again called out but didn't get an answer.

She moved towards where they came from but couldn't find the way back.
Now she was scared to death. She felt her cheeks getting wet with tears as she looked around. There was no possible way to get out.