Assemble

I was helping Itachi and Kisame with their mission to capture the Four-Tails since I had nothing better to do now that I had given up on my revenge and forcing Sasuke back to the village. Kisame, being the cocky bastard he was, told us he could handle it on his own, so we were standing by a cliff a few feet away.

After what seemed like forever, he finally returned with an unconscious Four-Tails Jinchūriki. "Took ya long enough," I said to him with a smirk.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Having to bring him back without killing him was quite a bother". I just rolled my eyes.

As we were talking about leaving, it started raining heavily. We started to walk away, but I had only taken a couple of steps before I got a really bad feeling. I placed my hand on my curse mark as I turned back towards the cliff and stared at the horizon.

Itachi soon noticed and stopped as well. "What's wrong?" he asked once he caught a glimpse of my worried expression.

I slowly shook my head. "Nothing, just a bad feeling". I turned back around, but I had barely taken a step when I suddenly collapsed and blacked out, Itachi catching me before I hit the ground.

When I opened my eyes, my entire surroundings were plain white. I looked around and standing in front of me was none other than my father. "Dad, what's going on?" I asked, concerned.

He didn't answer and instead, gave me a sad smile and evaded the question. "I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You've grown up to be a beautiful young lady and I am so proud of you".

His words just confused me all the more. "Dad, what are you-?" Before I had the chance to finish, he had wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

I was frozen. I still didn't know what to make of all this as he whispered in my ear, "No matter what anyone tells you, never forget that you are my precious daughter and I love you so much".

Before I could fully process his words, everything went white.

I woke up in Itachi's arms. Both he and Kisame were looking over me with worry written all over their faces. "What happened?!" Itachi asked once he noticed I had woken up.

Immediately, I was able to make sense of my father's words and I knew what had happened. "It's my father, he's dead," I whispered, letting a single tear fall down my cheek. I shouldn't have felt bad for him, but that encounter left me shaken.

Itachi and Kisame just looked at each other, as if trying to figure out what to do with this new information.

After making sure I was okay, we made our way to seal the Four-Tails. As we were taking shelter under a big tree, we were summoned to start the sealing for the Three-Tails, which Deidara and Tobi had managed to capture.

We had just arrived when Pain gave us some very distressing news: "Orochimaru had been killed". I looked down sadly as my encounter with him replayed in my head.

Everyone was silent for a moment before Kisame spoke up. He seemed quite pleased. "It's been ten years since he left the Akatsuki! At least we've been spared the task of killing him ourselves. Who cares if he's dead? I wanted him gone as much as I wanted the zombie pair eliminated!"

Itachi glanced at me to see my reaction, but I maintained my neutral mask. I had to agree with that last part. I wanted Hidan dead even before he killed Asuma Sensei, and I didn't care much for Kakazu either.

"Hidan and Kakazu were our comrades, don't say such things," Pain scolded Kisame. I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry," he apologized. "So who are the ones that did them in anyway?"