Chapter 3

Bear somehow managed to open the passenger door, thankfully for his height, it wasn't much of a struggle to lift Haisley into the truck

Bear somehow managed to open the passenger door, thankfully for his height, it wasn't much of a struggle to lift Haisley into the truck. Naturally, he reached for the seatbelt but decided against it as he knows it could rub against her wounds.

"Alright, Baby. I'm going to get you some help, just hang on for me" He brushed the stray hair away from her clammy forehead before moving back to close the passenger door. Running to the driver's side of the truck, he quickly gets in and starts the engine, and backs out of the parking spot. While doing so he could hear the roar of the motorcycles starting up around him, making him relax slightly knowing his brothers had his back.

-

Arriving at the compound in the time span of 10 minutes was truly a blessing, even if they had to break the speeding law the whole way there just to get there that fast. During the whole ride there, Bear was constantly stealing glances at Haisley to make sure she was doing okay. Every once in a while, he would look into the rearview mirror to check on his brothers too.

Parking the truck directly in front of the compound; Bear jumped out and rushed to the other side for Haisley. "Baby girl. Hey. Open your eyes for me. Come on, you can do it." Haisley lets out a soft sob before slowly opening peeling her eyes open. At first her eye sight was blurry to the point she couldn't see who was in front of her, but she just knew deep down it was Bear.

"There you go beautiful. I'm going to take you inside to get you all fixed up ok? You are safe here I promise." Bear speaks softly to her as he picks her up again. Not even caring about shutting the trucks passenger side door, Bear rushes them into the compound. As he walks in his is met with the sight of his brothers sitting around the bar drinking. Doc rushed down the stairs when he had heard the truck and bikes pull up.

"Oh, shit! She doesn't look good at all." Docs grey eyes widened at the sight of the small woman in Bears arms. He had noticed how malnourished she looked, which wasn't going to help her situation at all.

"Take her to a room, we'll need privacy" Doc says looking around at all the bikers who need to learn to mind their own business.

"To my room," Bear says sternly as he walks to the stairs. After entering his room, Bear laid the beauty in his arms down on his black blacked while trying to miss all the dirty clothes laying around his room and bed.

"Grab a cloth and bowl of warm water. She needs to be cleaned up so I can see the entirety of the wound." Doc orders. Bear looks to his bedroom door, nodding to Chains and Ink to do as Doc said. He couldn't find it in his heart to leave her. Chains and Ink returned minutes later, handing Bear what they need before leaving the room and standing guard outside.

"Grab her some clean clothes, son. Clean yourself up while you are at it." Doc tells Bear. Then he takes the bowl and cloth away from Bear and places them on the nightstand for easy access. Reaching into his bag, Doc grabs a pair of surgical scissors.

"I'm going to have to cut her shirt. It's the only way to see all the damage without having to hurt her any more than necessary. So, she will definitely need a new shirt." Bear nodded at Docs words before heading off to his closet and grabbing one of his softest shirts, then grabbing an entire change of clothes for himself.

-

When Bear exited his bathroom with fresh clothes on, he walked over to his bed to see a semi-cleaned up, shirtless Haisley. As beautiful as her body was, even with the cuts and bruises, he couldn't look at her in a lustful way at this moment. Doc was now using tweezers to remove any small shards of glass from her side and forearm. Everyone piece removed only resulted in her flinching in pain.

"I held back from removing the larger pieces until you finished up. I will need you to hold her down and I though you wouldn't want any one else touching her while she is like this." Bear took a deep breath before walking over to the other side of the bed. He carefully slides next to her trembling figure. Haisley had her eyes closed as Doc worked on her side. Bear felt so awkward lying next to a woman he had only met a few hours ago, to top it off she was the first female to lay in his bed EVER. He never brought any of his one-night stands to his room. It amazed him because being that she was the first woman to lay in his bed he felt okay about it, he didn't feel disgusted like when his flings begged to go back to his room.

"Haisley...I'm gonna have to lay really close to you, okay?" Haisley nods softly as Bear asks in a as soothing voice as a biker could get. She felt him gently lift her head up from the pillow and then rest it on something warm and solid. Bear had moved the arm closest to him and slid it underneath her lifted head. He turned Haisley on her good side so her chest was now pressed against his. This gave the Doctor better access to her injured side. Doc then peaked over Haisley's turned body to give Bear a nod so he knew he was about to start pulling out the larger pieces of glass. As soon as he started Haisley pushed her face into Bears chest as tears started to flow from her eyes.

"Shh. I got you. Just focus on my voice." Bear tries his best to comfort her as she goes through this pain. Doc didn't have time to wait for the anesthetic to kick in, Haisley was losing too much blood as it was. A few minutes into removing the shards of glass Bear already had nail marks embedded into his arm. Bear was quite surprised about how well she was handling the pain, he knows a few of his brothers that would have passed out by now. For some odd reason, Bear felt a sense of pride wash over him, which quickly changed to confusion.

[Edited]